The Ableton Thread

ChevChelios

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Also if anyone has any questions about the program, post here and I'm sure you will be helped.

I'm looking to go serato Itch + ableton with Bridge

I will be using the Numark NS7 with Itch & ableton on my edirol pcr 500 keyboard...I would like to run a Akai MPD or a Launchpad or a APC 40 as well as my pcr 500

I have got $5000 for this set-up

so my ???? is.........can I run 2 or more midi controllers in ableton at the same time

Also if anyone has any questions about the program, post here and I'm sure you will be helped.

I'm looking to go serato Itch + ableton with Bridge

I will be using the Numark NS7 with Itch & ableton on my edirol pcr 500 keyboard...I would like to run a Akai MPD or a Launchpad or a APC 40 as well as my pcr 500

I have got $5000 for this set-up

so my ???? is.........can I run 2 or more midi controllers in ableton at the same time

Yep..

• 2 months later...

TIP FOR ADDING DEPTH TO YOUR SNARE

Nice little trick I worked out today, really good for big phat reverberating rim shots and snare hits, although it could be just as effective on a normal snare.

Step 1

Create a snare. Layer up, EQ, and all that jazz. Then bounce it to audio.

Step 2

Create a drum rack and drag in two copies of your newly created snare.

Step 3

Open up the options for one of said samples (aka. show device button) and pitch it up a couple of octaves, trigger both samples at the same time and see if it sounds good, if its out of tune or sounds whack detune or go up or down octaves until it sounds right.

Step 4

This one is the clincher 8)

What you want to do is make two different reverbs (or use some presets) but make sure both of them are distinctly different in timbre, decay and all that, and put one on the plain sample and one on the pitched up sample. Create a ne clip and layer the two samples, then adjust the velocity of the two layered samples until you find the sound that suits

Step 5

Experiment with the shit!

Play around, see which reverb sounds better on which sample, EQ each sample after the reverb and make certain frequencies come through/piss off, add a bitcrusher.downsample on of the samples, the possibilities are endles. Get creative and shit!

eg. bounce, add delay and more reverb, bounce, reverse and add more reverb, bounce, MOAR REVERB..... a bit excesive but you get the picture.

Hope this gives someone something to do four a couple of minutes :teef:

PS. this will work in any other DAW and most drum machines, I just put it here cause I thought the ol' ableton fred needed a *bump1*

I plan on putting a different little tut thang every fortnight or so, or whenever I find something cool to do, and I might put a live set up every now and then cause those are always cool to look through, for me they are anyway, feel free to contribute n stuff.

:safe:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heres a little effects rack I made the other day.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jmyjmijonrn

Its a frequency splitter, great for splitting up basslines, and effecting the different ranges. All you need to do is use the macros.

Of course this is basic, add more effects to the md and highs for a more unique sound ;)

any questions on it, dont hesitate to ask :D

SWING in house tracks.

i've been playing around with some mainly over symbol lines.

I've noticed that alot of them really dont sound to crash hot over 55% should i be swinging the whole drums? ..... kinda makes sense i guess..

also what swings are you liking in abelton for house etc. ?

• Cupe unpinned this topic