CDs or USBs

ryaank

Hey there im pretty new to djing and just recently picked up a set of 350 decks.

I was just wondeirng when it comes to clubs and parties do you guys find using cds easier then usb's or vice versa?

What do people use more and what is the reason for it? I can't really be bothered burning all these cds ahaha

Cheers

Not being disrespectful here, but if he's only new to DJing why is it an issue what most clubs would use. Surely you need to do your hard yards before you get a club gig or is it that easy these days.

Use what you feel comfortable with and then when the opportunity arises look at what format you may need to do the gig. Anyway, the more versatile you are and the more you master all aspects of the craft, the better an allround DJ you will be.

That is one point I tried to make Steve, however it is something to consider to save burning heaps of CDs down the track If that's the path he wants to take.

Not to derail but yes it can be extremely easy (or difficult) to get club gigs. All about who you know

Agree with you, however

a) the screen on 350s are tiny which makes it more difficult to browse. how much of an inconvenience this is i'm not sure as i've never used 350s

B) personal preference.

i personally use USB. back to OP's question, if you try usb's and find the navigation fine on the smaller screen by all means use them, but if you feel more comfortable using CD's then that will also work fine

I do similar to Mitch, when I had to use cds I would burn the original track, then 2 or 3 remixes of that track, as an audio cd. I would then label the cd with track names and key

Having owned 350s before my 900s, I found the screen too small so was easier for me to burn cds

Depends on what sort of gigs you do as well, i play out almost every weekend so im constantly adding new music and you just get sick of the burning process.

Original and remixes isnt a bad idea Gandy, i was never happy with the organisation of my cd wallets, almost tempting a complete wipe of my current bag because the main club i play at still has fucking 1000s.

• 1 year later...

CDs all the way. I played at a place that had 100s the other day. (And the original ones where the tempo percentage was wrong).

I burn through iTunes for ease, and most CDs have something bought on iTunes, so end up not doing mp3s. I find the sound wave on the 1000s loads substantially quicker rather than mp3s.