eggs sellection - hip hop track o the day

eggssell

man you been busy eggs!

I havent been spotting these, dunno why. Will give 'em listen from the desk sometime on the week.

My pick for a roller skating jam called saturday :teef:

Joe Driscoll. He's playing tonight for us at our crew venue and I'm doing a warm-up set.

He's a beatbox/rapper/guitarist who uses a loop recorder foot pedal so he samples himself on the fly to build up every song live. I think he puts a little more homework into his album releases but live it's amazing to watch and hear and he knows how to make a room bounce. So why wouldnt I be offering him propz tonite.

I havent actually checked this vid I'm posting, i know this is a top tune though. old skool sentiment with a lovey dubby theme. Think most DJs would get what he is talking about here:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last of the double ups

here is some local stuff from earlier this year (late last year). coming from hilltop hoods last one, drinking from the sun. Beats by hilltop member Suffa, and featuring lotek from UK and Black Thought from The Roots.

hilltop hoods ft lotek & black thought - living in bunkers

and some old school hilltop, and prob one of my faves (because i like posse tracks). production again by suffa. But the verses bw suffa and pressure are done by a whole bunch of local spitters (as below)

hilltop hoods - blueblooded

Verse 1: Suffa

Verse 2: Mortar

Verse 3: Trials and Sesta

Verse 4: Hau

Verse 5: Drapht

Verse 6: Vents

Verse 7: Muphin and Pegz

Verse 8: Robby Balboa

Verse 9: Honz

Verse 10: Pressure

nice posse track! well technically a super group hehe.

yeh i know the track and a few more. while my west coast love meant i missed out on a lot of NY stuff till heaps later, i was always a massive fan of big pun (who i know was just an associated act). and of course gangstarr. so D.I.T.C. came in the radar.

for my monday selection (and prob for the rest of this week) ill stick to the posse theme.

while posse tracks were done since the beginning of hip hop with mates, label mates or randoms featuring on a track (native tongues has been mentioned many a time).

in the wake of the end of death row and bad boy records a few little "collectives" started coming together, where they would all show up on each others albums. such as the cash money boys, the flipmode squad, the soul aquarians, the dungeon family.

the latter of which is the one i have chosen. this collective has a lot of familiar faces (outkast; goodie mob who included cee-lo; sleepy brown). their beats were done by organised noise which included sleepy brown

dungeon family - trans df express

taking it back to the early 90's. from a lighter shade of browns second release (and the one that crossed them over "Hip Hop Locos"", featuring a whole lot of other mexican rappers. not sure who did beats, DTTX of LSOB with others did the bulk of production on most tracks.

lighter shade of brown ft kaos, street mentality, pee bee, aztlan nation, ALT - interrogated cause i'm brown

okay for today, staying in the 90's with some OG death row shit. from day one on the chronic album, features and posse tracks was a regular thing on all albums. some people may not know death row also handled many film sound tracks which are full of posse gold.

this one was from the short film murder was the case. this was produced by soopafly, a regular producer for snoop and the dpg. prob one of my fave tracks from the death row days.

snoop, daz, kurupt, swoop g, lil c style - who got some gangsta shit

my posse sellect for the day, was from the Friday Freebies from kanye last year.

this one has a fair chunk of the G.O.O.D music crew making an appearance.

cudi kills, but i think there is no weak part in this track. not sure of credits but pretty sure its a kanye beat, as im pretty sure there is video of him previewing it to charlie wilson

kanye west, kid cudi, common, pusha t, big sean, charlie wilson - G.O.O.D Friday