eggs sellection - hip hop track o the day

eggssell

How's about a bit of Dutch hip hop.

De Jeugd van Tegenwoordig ("Kids These Days" lit.: The Youth of Nowadays) is a Dutch hip hop and R&B group based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, renowned for their musical approach of irreverent, humorous lyrics and electronic beats. Their humorous style is characterised by their frequent use of word play, lyrical flirting with languages other than Dutch and the propagating of neologisms, such as the word "watskeburt" (cf. the English wassup).

The group consists of Vieze Fur ("Filthy Fur", real name Freddie Tratlehner), also known as Vieze Freddie ("Filthy Freddie"), P. Fabergé (real name Pepijn Lanen), also known as P. Dronq, Faberge, Faber-yayo and Peppie, and Willie Wartaal (real name Ollicio Locadia, Wartaal means "gibberish" or "ravings", the name Willie Wartaal resembles Willie Wortel, the Dutch name for Gyro Gearloose), also known as WiWa. When singing about his younger self WiWa also calls himself "Wiwelientje" (little Wiwelien). Their producer is Bas Bron.

In the Netherlands they are known for their novelty hit single "Watskeburt?!". Released on May 16, 2005,[1] it topped the Dutch Top 40 for several weeks that year. Their debut album Parels voor de Zwijnen ("Pearls for Swines") was released on September 30, 2005.[2]

In July 2006, the group was featured on the song Poes in de Playboy ("Pussy in the Playboy") of the Dutch reggae/ska band Luie Hond ("Lazy Dog"). In May 2007, they released the single Shenkie.

Their second album, titled De Machine ("The Machine"), was released on April 25, 2008, preceded by the single Hollereer on April 4. In 2010, they released De Lachende Derde ("The Laughing Third").

and here's the Waskeburt track that's mentioned. Reminds me of the my first trip (no pun intended) to Amsterdam. This track was playing everywhere.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

liking that second track.

otay my sellect for the day. cant talk posse tracks without native tongues. but going with seomthing a little more recent, and this track featured two people touted as "new"members to the native tongues movement. a lot of time posse tracks were the B-side remix, as was this one. one of my fave tracks of all time, of all time. q-tip smacks it out the ball park.

N.E.R.D ft common, mos def, de la soul, q-tip - she wants to move (native tongues remix)

otay last posse track. and from one of the biggest collectives going right now, odd future wolf gang kill them all. almost everyone gets on this even the non rappers taco and jasper. the video was shot on the fly and on the spur while they were at a terry richardson shoot. beats by tyler.

frank ocean ftw "bumpin oldies from my cellular phone...", oh and tylers last verse

taco, tyler, hodgy beats, left brain, mike g, domo genesis, frank coean, jasper, earl the sweatshirt - oldie

nice track wrx, nice clip too.

otay was gonna do some doom today, but instead going with some local shit. and i mean right from our backyard.

richokidd - go on this way

http://soundcloud.com/richokidd/richokidd-go-on-this-way

if you like or want to comment let richo know here viewtopic.php?f=105&t=12108&p=183448#p183448 or on his soundcloud

otay while digitally it was dec 11, physical was jan 2012 so it sneaks in.

another one from the OF camp (if you flick back thru this thread you can see the wide breath of talent these collective has).

this one is from the internet, the duo of matt martians and syd the kid, from their debut album purple naked ladies. The first official release on odd future's own record label. production by the internet. This track is soo smooth.

the internet ft left brain and mike g - lincoln

also a pretty good live version. A few times a little off, but apparently this was their first show with the additional band members put together for their tour. next album apparently has more live instrumentation,as opposed to just syd and matt playing everything in their studio.

mike g is on point

missed a few. so heres a tiple treat oz hip hop all from 2012

first up from def wish cast's evolution machine. production by the resin dogs

def wish cast - dun proppa

next another one from hilltop hood's drinking to the sun. beats by suffa. nice clip featuring an almost whos who of the scene

hilltop hoods - rattling the keys to the kingdom

and finally from urthboy's smokey's haunt. not sure if production by hermitude or count bounce (or both)

urthboy ft daniel merrieweather - naive bravado

feeling spank rock right now. so here is a few spanning the years

from his release last year

spank rock feat santigold - car song

from his collabo w benny blanco

spank rock & benny blanco - PU$$Y

from one of ninjasoniks freebies

ninjasonik ft spank rock - Global

and one of my fave tracks of all time, of all time. only dumb thing is this is missing the last verse

pase rock ft amanda blank & spank rock - lindsay lohans revenge

you too bro

and since i farked up tomy's thread i better crawl back here. :teef:

okay since i was on the Odd Future tip. here is prob one of my fave songs from the collective (def my fave from this years odd future mix tape 2).

this was a part 2 (or reprise) of a track from tyler's goblin (the OG is also a good track). this song was already great, then when the second part of the song (or the second song...) with syd the kid comes in it gets even better. production by tyler

tyler the creator ft frank ocean and syd the kid - Analog 2/ Wheels 2

so over the day to day shyte. so ill just post in here whenever im feeling a track.

but realised damn i aint posted a cudi track in 5 pages! kid cudi is the shiz and has some of my fave tracks of all time, of all time!!!! fark that you may have heard of him from that crookers remix. i think it was a blessing and curse at the same time. but he is way more than just day n night.

anyways this was from his first mixtape ä kid named cudi. which is like better than half the albums ever officially released. beats by plain pat and emile. it has one of the best lines ever "you smell good just like some new shoes"

kid cudi - pillow talk

• 2 weeks later...