Dead PC

GREMM1S

Hey guys would appreciate some ideas and input on solving my pc issue.

Windows 7 64 bit.

AMD AM2+ Phenom X4 9750

4x2GB OCZ Platinum PC2 8500

Gigabyte MA770-DS3

Asus GTX650 Ti

Antec Neo Eco 620W

It's not posting, i get case/fan power but no keyboard power, no monitor signal.

Things i have done/tested.

- Tried different PSU, same result.

- Put old PSU in different computer and was fine.

- Removed various components including HDDs, dvd drive, RAM, GPU, soundcard.

- I also get no error beeps, even with ram, cpu etc missing and yes i do have a system speaker.

- New CMOS battery and tried both long and short CMOS clears.

- Checked cabling and for shorts etc.

- Air compressor cleaned the whole case.

I feel my issue is a dead mobo what do others think?

A bit of background info to the issue, is that when i came back from Thailand my pc was on, my family may have left it on for god knows how long.

When i got back it was really unusually slow, no matter what i did the pc just wasn't performing, did all the scans and regular shit which didn't help it.

Eventually one morning just didnt turn on.

Cheers boys!

Have you tried with only CPU, CPU fan, RAM and mobo plugged in and only a monitor plugged into the back -> everything else unplugged.

If that doesn't work sounds like dead cpu or mobo.

Have a close inspection over the motherboard for anything that may have burnt/shorted out

I dont have onboard video sadly, i have tried various setups all with the same outcome man.

I would have thought i would be getting beeps for removing ram/gpu etc but absolutely nothing.

Anyway to tell between the mobo or cpu dying? If i am going to the effort of pulling them out i will probably just upgrade to a new board and new cpu/ram.

Highly considering a macbook pro, if i have a windows install on it and plug it into a monitor and keyboard will i still be able to game decently or run into too many problems?

Really hate the MAC os though, the machines are sick though.

You could game on a macbook pro, however for the price if you aren't going to use the Mac OS at all, you could get a different brand and have better specs for the price.

as for the no beeps - proper dead motherboard = no beeps

also dead cpu there won't be beeps as there is nothing to process the beeps if the CPU is dead, so I can't 100% tell you which one it is.

Multiple vendors sell some decent machines atm.. however it probably is cheaper to do a MB+CPU refresh of your desktop (possibly even RAM too) providing you have already invested the money in the other components

Well im only draw to the reliability of the mac os for production and would use rekordbox pro dj link for gigs.

Still money is not in plentiful supply and really need my rig up and running, if i went down the tower route as you suggested would go a new mb, cpu and ram as i have HDDs, PSU, case and a decent gpu if i went amd go probably sneak all this for 400ish with decent components.

Either way looks like the PC is gone to sleep lol, cheers for the help!

I don't see the point in buying a mac to put windows OS on it, the only reason I got a mac was for the OS. (Serato is rock solid on it)

There is plenty of good hardware out there, the dell XPS 15 (Generation that looked like a macbook pro) can be picked up for under 1k, There absolute beasts and have the best speakers on a laptop I've ever heard.

If you want to game, id grab an alienware, seen heaps of people down here do production on hte laptops. My personal recommendation is an asus G series though, there absolute beasts, but are really borderline on the whole "laptop" thing cause there 4kg. (Only 1.3k for one with 1.5tb hd, 3gb dedicated graphics 590m I "Think" with 16gb ram)

I would be using osx for production and rekordbox usages.

As others have said not overly keen on gaming on a laptop either, i will still need it for uni so has to be fairly light and cool.

I think i will salvage the case, psu, gpu and hdds, and just get a new mobo, cpu and psu.

So got a cheap used mobo and cpu off a mate for 20 who runs a pc shop.

Plugged it all in and get the exact same result, still no signal, no error beeps.

Just tried the other psu and exactly the same again.

Seriously stuffed for ideas now.

Going to bread board the old mobo now see how that goes.