Traktor or Serato

Tomy

Which is better?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Traktor
    • Serato

depends on what you want. serato is rock solid, but very basic. traktor is half way between dj'ing and ableton, 4 decks, effects, but even after 5 point releases, I still am not confident in it and always have a backup.

but if I was just using a dvs, I'd stick with djdecks, I found it much better than serato, more customisable and can use your own sound card

serato is king. Industry standard. Doesnt beat lock of thats what you want, so not good for mulit deck looping, which you'd know from Richie Hawtin Tomy.

Traktor is still awesome though.

I just think Serato is used as a very nice program for turntabilists that dont wanna lug a thousand records around.

Good answer?? :)

i went traktor pro cuz thats all ive used... ;)

though i too did heaps of reading and video watching of both, and was leaning towards sl3 but only went with traktor because it was massively on sale, and as a newbie i was hoping to slash as much startup costs as much as possible (in case i stink at it!).

i also figured if its good enuff for craze then it will suit my amateur azz...

from what ive read the audio 8 is a much better sound card than the sl3, but the serato ui is much more friendlier. traktor does also have a lot more bells & whistles, but as ive previously mentioned ive only ever used it with two turntables in absolute mode and it does me well. very low latency. in these early days playing vinyl on one deck and time-code on the other i can't really feel any diff.

You really can't compare the two.

Serato is great if you come from a scratching background and want to manipulate digital audio in a similair fashion, while Traktor is great if you're interested in mashing up audio with loops, filters, triggered efx, and cue points.

Personally i prefer Traktor.

The power of the program really comes out when you start customising your midi mapping assigning multiple functions to a knob or say having different 'modes' you can switch to so a single fader can control different functions.

• 2 months later...