audioline vs behringer

ethanmansfield

ok so i have a situation.

today i got given a quote from a dj store in Melbourne for a pair of behringers b115d's with stands that came up to $850 which in my opinion is a good price they even gave me a demo in the store which i was quite impressed with but then jb hi fi offer 15 inch audioline pa that are also powered but are about 150 more expensive per speaker, now i know these things are good because ive been at house parties with them and my ears were left ringing and the quality of the speaker really gets you on the dance floor which is what all dj's want right? so should i go for the cheaper 1000w pair of behringers or the more expensive 500w audiolines?(which are probably more reliable)

im going to be hooking them up to my kontrol s4 and using them for house parties anywhere from 50-150 people and spaces the size of your typical suburban back yard. 12 inch is out of the question as i want the bass. can someone with experience with these speakers help me out please!

thanks.

the type of music ill be playing from these speakers is prog house, hard electro and some bangers( club beats ) i need them to be loud and bassy enough considering ill be lacking a floor sub.

https://soundcloud.com/ethanmansfieldofficial-1

Jb hifi is also an exclusive seller of Audioline which gives them control over pricing compared to if it were a more common brand.

There are a few on here with experience with these brands i'm sure, i know Sol Dios has found the behringers decent.

Might be a good idea to double think whether you feel the investment on speakers is necessary.

I still hire and really think it's the better option unless you are making full time money out of mobile gigs.

Behringers > Audioline.

Specially with the deals store DJ have.

My personal recommendation is to justs to pay the extra $300 and get a pair of 15" mackie thumps with tripods for 1k

Seriously the best thing you can do, they sound a million times better.

(You will end up spending $800 on speakers and tripods anyway, so spend the extra $200 and do yourself a favor)

really because at storedj today they compared the mackie thumps and behringers for me and i thought the behringers were more full and low end and seemed to have a louder capability but the mackies i must admit had really crisp mids and highs.

thanks for making my situation that little bit harder haha ok im going to do some research on the mackie thumps.

My main thing is that the audio lines and behringers don't sound very good at low-mid volume.

Fact is unless you're getting those amazing $1000 each JBL's you're going to lose pretty much 60% of your bass as soon as your speakers go on the tripods no matter what.

Best thing to do is get clean crisp mids and highs, then later down the line grab a sub to smack people in the face with the low end.

i probably wont be using them at low to mid volume often so that isn't much of an issue but if both of you guys strongly recommend mackie thumps ( 15s?) then i cant argue with experience. And those jbls are WAY out of my price range.

yeah that's a good point! reality is ive seen a dj get away with using 5 inch audioline studio monitors so im sure the mackies or behringers would have the crowd pleased.

how are the mackies in terms of power? and reliability and volume?

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/pro-dj/alto/si ... sku-91115/

opinions in comparison to the behringers and mackies i was told in my local jb hi fi that yes audiolines are shit compared to mackies and behringers but he said i should give these some thought.

so compared with the mackie thumps and behringers opinions, keeping in mind the use( house parties)

thanks guys :thumright:

Ok i have owned both now and would defs recommend the thumps

however

in my opinion working as a mobile dj you cant go too wrong with the behringers.

in terms of max volume, you will never even get there so dont worry about it. seriously ears will bleed before you blow them up (in teh beginning anyway)

the durability on both is good, i know i put the behringers through hell and back and they still talk the talk when i want some extra firepower. As have already been stated, you loose most base when put on stands. honestly you'd be better off saving yourself some money and buy 12's and getting the sub. alittle more expensive in the beginning but the sub will give the 'doof doof' that a good party requires while the speakers will actually play the music.