whats doin

eggssell

:D hi kids. eggs sell here..

im fresh to adjf (one post in off-topic..heh) and im freshhh to the dj scene.

well if you dont count doing house parties on rental eqip back in the late 80's-early 90's bumping shep pettibone 12" mixes of anyone who was anyone (thats showing my age! but i was a kid back then i swear)...

always been into music, got a massive collection of cd's, mp3's and still got the old 12"s.

after finding my ipod's shuffle function was crap as shyte (ive got 5,000 songs but without fail it will play blink 182 josie at least once every two days!!! its a good song but for cryin out loud!!!!). I decided im gonna make my own mixtapes! i had been doing mixtapes for mates, but in the old school cassette terms, i.e. unmixed.

now since this essay hasnt really introduced me...

my setup is two stanton st150's, reloop IQ2 (non usb) and traktor pro scratch (pretty much used in absolute mode, as any effects i do with the reloop iq2, but i have sometimes created an 8 bar loop to practice scratching and or pee.)

listen to everything!thinking of playing bmore, breaks, hip hop old & new school (no hating now...), and really fat funky house...a disco track here and there dont hurt.

yeah cheers for the welcome..

hmmm well i wouldnt call myself a scratcher just yet (i wouldnt even yet call myself a dj.. this grasshopper still has a long way to go)

and i dont aspire to be dj kentaro ninja status... though i am practicing the technique to maybe drop some wigga wiggas when its appropriate.

yeah i saw the hip hop section is a bit on the quiet side ;)

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 11/17/2009 at 9:25 PM, eggssell said:

:D hi kids. eggs sell here..

im fresh to adjf (one post in off-topic..heh) and im freshhh to the dj scene.

well if you dont count doing house parties on rental eqip back in the late 80's-early 90's bumping shep pettibone 12" mixes of anyone who was anyone (thats showing my age! but i was a kid back then i swear)...

always been into music, got a massive collection of cd's, mp3's and still got the old 12"s.

after finding my ipod's shuffle function was crap as shyte (ive got 5,000 songs but without fail it will play blink 182 josie at least once every two days!!! its a good song but for cryin out loud!!!!). I decided im gonna make my own mixtapes! i had been doing mixtapes for mates, but in the old school cassette terms, i.e. unmixed.

now since this essay hasnt really introduced me...

my setup is two stanton st150's, reloop IQ2 (non usb) and traktor pro scratch (pretty much used in absolute mode, as any effects i do with the reloop iq2, but i have sometimes created an 8 bar loop to practice scratching and or pee.)

listen to everything!thinking of playing bmore, breaks, hip hop old & new school (no hating now...), and really fat funky house...a disco track here and there dont hurt.

seven years later and i still cant mix hip hop haha.

ive updated my mixer to a djm 700. rarely use traktor except to record a mix (once a year). 

i bought myself some music production equip (an mpc and a korg synth) but only ever done tutorials.

still increasing my music collection continuously, well mp3s and vinyls. i dont buy cd's so much anymore.