A new battle

Mr Dj social app's revivals prompted me to see if anyone is interested in a battle?

Noticed a thread about things to get some more interest/practice in djing, i'm a bit flat myself lately so any ideas for a battle we could do?

Happy to help run it if need be as well.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

defs keen.

a short mix comp like 15 mins max, set a minimum song limit of like 7-8 songs to see people really put in da mix skills

Yeah man was thinking something like this, i quite like the beatport based ones where we say ok do the top 10 dubstep tracks for example.

defs keen.

a short mix comp like 15 mins max, set a minimum song limit of like 7-8 songs to see people really put in da mix skills

Yeah man was thinking something like this, i quite like the beatport based ones where we say ok do the top 10 dubstep tracks for example.

yer but i dont want all the mix to be using the same tracks

defs keen.

The only reason i like everyone doing the same tracks is that it makes it a more level playing field.

But yeah dont really care tbh.

defs keen.

The only reason i like everyone doing the same tracks is that it makes it a more level playing field.

but track selection is key to a good mix.

defs keen.

but track selection is key to a good mix.

True true, just makes it easier to judge having some form of standardization.

What genre are we thinking? For ease to judge and make im going to suggest 20/30 minute sets.

I'm new, but would be keen for this. I like the idea of the top 10 aria chart... can we use other acapellas though?

Probably keep it to just remixes of tracks in the top 10.

You have to have some rules or it just turns into "everyone make a random mix".

Let's lock it in then.... Seems as though the Aria chart idea seems popular.

Rules

1. All top ten songs from Aria chart must be used (attached below)

2. Free to use any remix

3. Half hour mix (couple minutes either way is Ok)

4. No songs or accapellas permitted that is not from the list

5. No pre made mash ups (live mash up is fine)

6. Submit by ????

7. Winner selected by ????

The song list

e5emare6.jpg