New Mac Pro

russell

Looks pretty impressive, very weird design, although i only glanced at it quickly i didn't happen to see a cd drive anywhere

think you have to go external if you wanna use those old things ;)

I wonder if you'll be able to pick older tower models up cheaper now.

Looks pretty stupid tbh

why stupid? certainly looks different to any other desktop computer. Dunno why it's stupid though. Has some very high specs.

I think the design is stupid, specs and functionality look good, very interested to suss out the cooling design too.

Spec's are nice, but apple seems to be doing away with upgradeability these days, I really doubt you can change those graphics cards ect...

Not a fan of the tube design.

you're a wizzzzzard harry.

from an aestheic look, in order for it to be as practical as possible, you will need to have the usb ect facing the front, which means your going to have a big power cable coming out the front of it ect, which will look silly. Also the same applys to the ethernet

TL;DR

Nice spec's, wish it could be upgraded better down the line, design looks silly.

from an aestheic look, in order for it to be as practical as possible, you will need to have the usb ect facing the front, which means your going to have a big power cable coming out the front of it ect, which will look silly. Also the same applys to the ethernet

or you could spin it round, plug in/plug out then spin back. :-k

@all uneducated comments above

-you can still ugprade storage, graphics, memory etc, they are all on pcie slots inside the case, just don't be noob @ pulling it apart

-extra USB / thunderbolt ports are on the apple monitors

-If you do need to plug something into the back of it, it spins around (and relatively easy too, due to its circular nature. You also won't damage the storage drive inside the mac as it is all flash based.

-If you feel the need for extra storage, you can get a whole storage array that plugs in via thunderbolt, use a NAS, usb3/thunderbolt external hdd.

Don't hate on innovation. If they didn't change much and just did a spec bump, people would be just an unimpressed.

like apple ever cared about our dollar

high or low they always charge aussies a premium.

i suggest bending over and have plenty of lube ready

Last lot of iPhones and ipads were sold here cheaper due to the Aussie dollar. Was only marginal but still was cheaper here than in the states.