Need advice on getting speakers for Birthday party

ThatPartyGuy

Hey guys,

a friend and i are having a joint birthday party and i'll be DJ'ing it.

she only has some small cd player and speakers (they pump out enough volume from her bedroom to the rest of the house)

i'm looking at buying something cheap that'll do the job to play the night. just need something to be loud enough not to distort and be heard.

probably looking at spending $200 ish (shit all buy last minute)

cheap monitors maybe?

Cheers guys, ily :megusta:

dont want to rent them?

in terms of that sort of cash you really arnt going to get anything fantastic?

how long have you got? pick up something from ebay or dj city in vic?

http://www.djcity.com.au/sound-gear/pow ... 12-speaker

still going to be pretty bad. but for a couple of hundred grab a couple of those wooden boxes. they are active and if you can keen the volume down (ie just not blasting) you shouldnt get too much distortion. they will be boardering on the best things you will buy new for 200 bucks

i started with them way back in the day and used them for 6 months so you should also get more than a single use out of them.

otherwise i advise that you hit gumtree. if you can borrow an amp ive seen people make some decent speakers out of car speakers on the cheap but does take abit of work and know how

alex out

dont want to rent them?

thought about it, and may end up having to :\. last ones i hired were pretty crap. i'll see if anywhere where else has speaker hire that isnt expensive / crap

how long have you got? pick up something from ebay or dj city in vic?

Got about 20 days i'd say. i've looked at ebay but cant get to some of the places, dont feel like carrying speakers on a train to bendigo lol

i've asked around and my brother has some monitors i may be able to borrow, going to test them out and see how they go.

checked out dj city actually and those ones don't seem too bad. i might see if i can make it down to maybe ringwood shop if i got time one weekend

cheers bro.