Traktor Scratch Version 1

eggssell

hi. anyone still using version 1? and had to recently install it since it was discontinued.

I still am, and using a version that was probably two or three before they killed it.

and im possibly going to get a new laptop soon and im hoping that I can still get a version (if I didn't have it saved somewhere) of version 1. cant find shit online.

I know I can load from CD and then just upgrade from the control centre. but curious whether they've killed that, and ill be forced to use the cd version only (which isn't particularly bad as it was a stable version).

I don't really want to pay for the upgrade kit (I think 119 bucks) since I really just use it as a crate. turn it on, load track to this deck, load track to that deck, and repeat. I don't even organise playlists in it (I do that in trainspotter). so 119 bucks for nothing is way too much. the only advantage I could see is I can buy the slow roast records control vinyl but that in itself is not worth it!

hmmmm might not even have a choice looks like whatever usb cards they are using for their new lappies (definitely confirmed on the macBook air from this year), they don't work with the old NI sound interfaces (like the audio 8 ). assuming the latest macBook pros are using the same usb cards might mean I cant get the new macBook pro I was considering!!

looks like my old trusty 7+ year old xp asus is just gonna have to keep going a few more years

anyways, if anyone has a 2013 mac laptop and using an audio 8 or audio 4, let us know if you have it working.

oh fark just realised an issue. I cant load from the disc because MacBook pro's have no CD drives...... :duh:

a bigg ass thumb for anyone that can find a legitimate DL link for version 1.2.7 or before

EDIT: all good I can download on my current machine and just copy the file over. time to thumb myself :creepy:

oh fark just realised an issue. I cant load from the disc because MacBook pro's have no CD drives...... :duh:

a bigg ass thumb for anyone that can find a legitimate DL link for version 1.2.7 or before

EDIT: all good I can download on my current machine and just copy the file over. time to thumb myself :creepy:

If you have one of the new MacBook pros without a cd drive you can buy 1 that plugs into the USB port, only like $90 from the Mac store

If you have one of the new MacBook pros without a cd drive you can buy 1 that plugs into the USB port, only like $90 from the Mac store

too much. wouldn't need it for anything else. if I was gonna do that may as well play the 119 to upgrade to traktor 2

• 2 weeks later...

just updating in case anyone finds their way here

you can log into your NI account on the NI website and download the last Traktor Scratch 1 version (i.e. 1.2.7).

alternatively if you still have your old machine, you can go into the service centre and download it from there, and just save to be used on your new machine

keep in mind technically you can only have tsp on two machines, however there is no method of de-activating your first machine from the first machine. so the only way to do it (if you need to go to another new machine) is to email NI support. who are absolutely hopeless.

however all over the forums they say it is not policed very well. probably because they are hopeless.

on a side note, the cats on the NI forum are extremely helpful. better off sending any questions to them rather than NI helpdesk