traktor scratch pro + controller

eggssell

• 3 months later...

after not have some gigs for about a month i've got a massive back log of tunes i need to burn to CD, to the tune of about 4hrs of music. When i only burn max. 6 tracks a CD this is a massive pain. so decided that i might get Traktor Pro.

issues i'm having is i'm on a custom built lappy PC. XP any one currently using traktor pro on PC lappy? any issues?

my specks are somewhere around 3hz and 4g ram.

hey tomy. im on a pc using xp sp3.

its a 3 yr old asus. 2.3Ghz dual core, 2MB ram, 60 GB memory partitioned to 20/40 (but most of my music is on an external hard drive).

other then the ground loop hum which i sorted (thanks to here!) works a treat. i can get latency down to the low 5ms (or whatever unit they use). i did do it lower but read somewhere they dont recommend that.

i have noticed some crackling (which may have always been there) but when i unplug a wireless-n dongle i use (my wireless card for some reason caps at 300KBs when my connection can do 1MBs) it seemes to be fine. on the Native Instruments site heaps of people get crackles on Vista and cant fix it, while those on XP have found it usually relates to either "latency" or a peripheral. search the ni forum for crack and theres a few threads.

EDIT: it was a V6J, the highest one they made avail in aus (which is always like two or three lower then what asia gets!), i think it was V6Jp. also note it was the old-school T dual cores. i dont know the exact difference but apparentally the 2.3Ghz of those dual cores are better then 2.3Ghz of these days despite the same speed (im not tecchy enuff to understand)

i assume you getting traktor scratch so you can still use your cdj's right?

i decided yesterday I had better catch up on burning cds, had just been playing off timecode since november. got about 1/3 of the way through, forgot how painful it can be.

running lenovo T60, core2 2.0ghz, 1.5gb ram. on traktor 1.2.4 no glitches or dropouts even using 3 timecode or 4 internal decks, effects etc. can't remember the latency setting I have, but i don't scratch, never felt latency was an issue.

my computer is far from clean, it's my main work computer, online all day for general use.

your specs are more than enough, just make sure you keep it clean and stop things like background updates which can kill it temporarily

sp3 is service pack 3, which if you have auto update turned on you probably have.

other then the normal weekly updates, theyve had 3 major updates issued as service packs (which in themselves contained major updates plus amalgamated all older updates). when people state specs ive always noticed they mention what service pack, i think some people maybe hold off moving from sp1 or sp2 etc. dunno.

kinda like im sticking to traktor 1.2.4 and not loading 1.2.5 becuase a lot of people say its not stable.

i havent used it heaps maybe about 5-6 hrs total

and i have not had any issues

im on pc - intel core 2 duo 2.83ghz. xp sp3

i dont think my pc hits over 50% cpu usage when running traktor,msn etc while djing + live streaming + playing games at the same time haha. ill take a screen shot soon and show you.

i use time code CD's and they run a treat, there is a update in the service center for time coded cd's which you just dl and burn to cd's and it works. i still didnt have a problem with the originals but i dl'd the newer version and way.

beat grind tracks. what do you mean?

i only got tt's so didnt need the time code cd's.

ha ha thats what you call multitasking. maybe drinking and djing is about all i can do at once.

traktor will auto try to put beat markers at the start of each 4-beat section (i think), but obviously its not always accurate so there are steps for correcting it. its more helpful for getting accurate BPM info, and for using the auto-loop function i mentioned before (i.e. if you hit to loop 16 beats it will loop a correct 16 beats rather then an estimated one).

i've never done it mainly cuz i play in absolute mode so never had the need. but interested to do it just so i can make more use of the looping function and my mpd24. but first i really need to improve my djing before i get all fancy