Pioneer Mixer Recommendations

Jpthegeezer

Hey guys, I have 2 CDJ 2000 nexus and I'm looking to add a mixer and I'm not sure if I need to get one of the nexus series (900 or 2000) or not. This would mainly be for a home setup and I may end up taking the gear to gigs down the track but my aim would be to eventually play in clubs.

So I was looking for some opinions on what I should get. If my main aim is to play clubs should I splurge for a 900 nexus so that I'd essentially have a club setup at home to practise on?

Or am I better off getting one of the cheaper options to learn on that wouldn't be too big a jump from the 900 nexus?

Thanks guys.

• 2 weeks later...

At the end of the day a mixer is a mixer - you don't need a Pioneer one to be "club ready". The pros of the newer gear is a much better effects section if that's your thing?? Look at the DJM850 or 900. DJM2000's rarely get used in clubs unless specifically required in a technical rider.

• 3 weeks later...

That is true a mixer is a mixer!!! They have the same purpose but its how you utilise your tools at the end of the day! A Bad tradesman blames his tools. ;)

But in saying that if you wanna hit the clubs and wanna feel comfortable using the club equipment, i reckon stick to Pioneer mixers.

You don't need pioneer to be 'Club Ready' but it does make it easier. Most clubs are using either the DJM800 or 900NXS, remember you dont need to go for the most expensive mixer, all these new mixers are predecessor of the old ones so if you get the hang of older model mixers, more likely you will get used to the new ones in no time.