Bitwig Studio Now Available For Linux, Mac & Windows

yizzle

jrfM37V.jpg?1

Bitwig has announced that Bitwig Studio, the highly anticipated and long-gestating new DAW, is now available for Linux, Mac & Windows.

Here’s the text of their announcement:

"The Bitwig Team would like to take this special moment to thank you. Your excitement and encouragement brought us to a great milestone today. Bitwig Studio 1.0 is an extraordinary product of hard work over the past few years, dedicated to offering a new solution to musicians everywhere, and a promise of great things to come.

We will continue to push forward with new ideas, and we welcome your support and feedback in the future.

Sincerely,

Claes, Dom, Fredrik, Falko, Genys, Mea, Placidus, Nick, Nick M, Rade, Seba, and Volker."

Features:

• Cross-platform DAW (Windows, OS X, Linux).

• Intuitive non-linear sequencing for the studio world and beyond.

• Full multi-core and multi-processor support.

• VST 2.4 support with built-in 32-/64-bit bridging and plug-in crash protection.

• Proprietary time-stretching technology.

• Unlimited Audio Tracks.

• Unlimited Effect Tracks.

• Multi-display support for up to 3 displays.

• Unlimited Note Tracks.

• Unified Modulation System: Use Macro Controls, Note Expressions, LFOs, and Envelope Followers to modulate any device parameter, including nested internal devices and even VST plug-ins.

• Note and Audio expressions, including per-note Micro-Pitch Control.

• Automatic sample slicing to both Sampler or Drum Machine.

• Record and edit both track and clip automation in absolute and relative modes.

• Support for numerous MIDI controllers out of the box.

• Multiple tools for specific tasks and editing workflows.

• Macro Controls per device, as well as dedicated Device Panel Mappings with color-coded knobs and buttons for an overview at a glance.

• Advanced layered editing.

• Open Controller API: Lets you create and customize functionality for virtually any MIDI controller, including scripting access to nearly every feature of Bitwig Studio.

• File import: WAV, MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC, and Ogg Vorbis.

• A PDF Manual is included with the Bitwig Studio application in English and Japanese.

An interview from NAMM with Bitwig’s Dominik Wilms, who explains what makes Bitwig Studio unique and why you should check it out:

Bitwig Studio is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux, priced at US $399 / 299 EUR.

See the Bitwig site for more info.

Source: synthtopia.com

I found an aussie price and a free trial download here http://www.djcity.com.au/bitwig-studio

to be honest, the djcity link u put up just links to the bitwig site i put in OP. And a trial/fulll version is just that aye, its universal buddy :)

In compliments though, i didnt put an aussie price in my OP. $449.00

Do you reckon it will be worth it?

Its a fair bit of coin.

I have been messing around with the demo for a few hours. Seems pretty good so far.

I am an FL user so its very different to what im used to.

For me, FL offers free life time upgrades & plugins for an one-off purchase (rare i know but still).

Bitwig being in v1.0.1 has not given any indication of what they are willing to do with upgrades and the cost involved past this release.

There will be some tech heads out there that will find a few glitches/bugs that need tweaking. But what Bitwig will do about upgrades and pricing for users on upgrades is in the 'grey'.

Don't forget that one of the 'main' things Bitwig offered to users was live collaboration between two or more users on the internet.

That has been rolled back to atleast version 2.

play with the demo and see what it feels like aye :)

if that's what interests you the most to the DAW. (which is an awesome idea)

deff wait a few months or more for v2. cause it wont be happening till then.

I know they are working dere ass off on it to be the first efficient DAW to make it a reality & the fact they promised to be the first and didn't deliver :thumleft: