61 key midi keyboard

Gandy

Gents,

Looking for a nice 61 key midi keyboard, doesn't need to be fancy just looking at getting back into piano and recording through logic, looking to spend between $150 - $300. I'm used to playing on a traditional piano but can't justify buying one, looking to get the same "feel" of the keys of a piano, if that's possible with a budget midi keyboard

Cheers

i did just buy the NEKTAR IMPACT LX-49 about 17 hours ago.

there is a 61 key version for about $388 which is out of your budget sadly.

the thing i liked about the nektar is it has full-size piano keys. so none of that little midi key feel. Sadly there is no after touch in the IMPACT series. not sure if thats important to you or not. but they are velocity sensitive.

there is also things to keep in mind like if drum pads, faders & knobs are needed.

Also if deep integration for your DAW is a must or you dont mind midi mapping the gear to the software.

i have found a few really good things around that i think you would be looking at. but they will be going $100 over the budget you said. only cause 61 keys change everything. the price between an awesome 49 and a 61 is about $100

i just re-visited this thread. Had a hard look on the interweb.

imo, i do think bumping up your budget to at least another $150 would not hurt for a 61 key.

i combed the net for you. struggled to find anything good even 2nd hand for $300 or less.