Armchair's Intro

Daytes

Hey brotato welcome to the forum! :safe::safe:

You'll find anything you need to know and if you don't we're always open to more questions! Check out the Beginners section for everything you made need to start off with!

What made you want to start learning the DJ trade at such a young age?

You'll find anything you need to know and if you don't we're always open to more questions! Check out the Beginners section for everything you made need to start off with!

I just started listening to edm on youtube and got inspired as hell by some big artists and dj's

I thought, if those guys can control thousands of people with music,

why can't I control 50 with my own? :P

I just started listening to edm on youtube and got inspired as hell by some big artists and dj's

Dude! That's such a great attitude. One of the biggest piece's of advice when it came to hosting parties I've received, that I haven't been able to put in practice as of yet was this: Never aim to have such a huge party to begin with, if you can aim to please 50people and nail it, that's better than aiming to please hundreds to thousands and disappointing them all.

Dude! That's such a great attitude. One of the biggest piece's of advice when it came to hosting parties I've received, that I haven't been able to put in practice as of yet was this: Never aim to have such a huge party to begin with, if you can aim to please 50people and nail it, that's better than aiming to please hundreds to thousands and disappointing them all.

Thanks man, yeah my first paid party ($150 for 5 hours, I brought 2 15" speakers and a whole light setup)

was quite a disaster, I borrowed a 15" off a mate from school and the woofer in it blew, nothing was playing

for about 20 minutes :pale: but it was alot of fun and I learned alot.

arrrr :arrrr:

:safe: welcome mate

good to hear small school house parties still going. when we was young we would go out and hire dj eqip (turnies, speakers, lights, smoke machines) and have parties in garages. pretty much every weekend it was someones bday.

and everyone who wanted to would get up and have a go. I used to cart my crate of records around on skateboards from when I was about 13 to 16.

as we got older things got a little more organised and some people started owning their own these dj toys sorry I mean cdjs :teef:

and we would rent houses in the blue mountains or out in the sticks. take all the furniture out and have full dance parties. I can still remember one that had a high energy room, a chill trance room, and a stoner grunge room.

arrrr :arrrr:

:safe: welcome mate

good to hear small school house parties still going. when we was young we would go out and hire dj eqip (turnies, speakers, lights, smoke machines) and have parties in garages. pretty much every weekend it was someones bday.

and everyone who wanted to would get up and have a go. I used to cart my crate of records around on skateboards from when I was about 13 to 16.

as we got older things got a little more organised and some people started owning their own these dj toys sorry I mean cdjs :teef:

and we would rent houses in the blue mountains or out in the sticks. take all the furniture out and have full dance parties. I can still remember one that had a high energy room, a chill trance room, and a stoner grunge room.

Holy shit

when was this?