Hardware depreciation rate and shopping suggestions?

Brenchen

interesting thread. just wanted to check, on average, how much can you expect to get off by haggling with the retailers (ie store dj). i'm pretty keen on a rane 62 and more recently they had a 15% EOFY sale on. there's one on gumtree for 1700, but too close to new price so not worth it (esp on gumtree).

i agree with the sentiments posted earlier - ebay aim for 50% savings off RRP. gumtree even better i think, but more risky in my opinion, unless you really know your hardware in and out. the other complexity is actually seeing the seller face to face without the opportunity to give feedback - and that possibility of being bated and subsequently jumped for your cash hahah :duh:

Shamrock are you a setato user? If so dont be put off the traktor z2 by native instruments, i have just purchased one for 800 bucks at storedj (ex demo) and ive seen them online from aussie sights for $699. I was all set and keen on the rane sixty2 untill i found out you can easily map all the function of the z2 to control serato, it has a better build qual imho and after owning it for a few nights and playing a party with it the second night i had it, it is dope!

The fader feels awesome out of the box, it is a innofader mini as std. I have a innofader pro i will fit when the orig dies. Mapping all the cue point buttons, instant doubles and file searching buttions took me all of 10 mins. And the cue point buttons are bigger feel nicer and are in the right spot on the mixer.

Hope this info helps.

wrxfiend,

i have a kontrol 2 and serato sl1. that's a good option actually, a lot cheaper as well!

been reading about a lot of rane 62 hardware faults, poor quality etc. the traktor software is pretty good - i especially like the beatgrid now that i have a better understanding of the song structure etc. [off topic] - i think you have this feature on itch and serato dj, but not scratch live... oh well.