Thoughts on Behringer B112D Active Speakers

infinill

I'm new to DJ'ing and I was wondering about purchasing the a pair of Behringer B112D speakers. I have heard them and they sound right for me, since my budget is around $650.

Does anyone have their own experience of these speakers to share? Or just anything you know about the quality of these speakers.

ive used a pair for alittle while (probs on 2 years now). overall i think they are pretty great speakers for the price

i have found though, that they arnt as robust as other brands (say db or mackie) and sound quality does deteriorate over time

that being said. i have worked the living fuck out of them. blasted at a tonne of gigs.

i would definitely rate them for their size, portability, general sound output for the price there simply arnt many competitors.

you will need a sub though. if you want any sort of low end for parties or gigs, they simply do not even come close to replicating the magnitude of low end that a sub brings

you will need a sub though. if you want any sort of low end for parties or gigs, they simply do not even come close to replicating the magnitude of low end that a sub brings

do you have any lower priced subs to recommend?

thanks for the info though :D

do you have any lower priced subs to recommend?

thanks for the info though :D

a sub is going to set u back as much (if not more) as the speakers

be prepared for that even a behringer series sub will do the trick. while they will be alot heavier than other brands, again bang for your buck its hard to go past them

otherwise ide highly recommend a mackie system (mackie thumps etc etc), they do intermittedly do some crazy deals where i have seen speaker/sub combos as lower price as the as we have discussed.