New to ausdjf

rampant

Hey all, new to the forums. I'm 27 from Perth and wanting to become a bedroom DJ for now. I still have my training wheels on so to speak. For gear, I purchased the most basic controller I could find: a hercules mp3 e2. As I had read that many people find themselves selling their gear after discovering djing was not for them, I thought I'd invest as little as possible initially just in case I jumped ship. It's good enough I think to work on the basics. I use it in combination with my keyboard for jumping to cues and traktor pro.

As for musical tastes, my favourite dj is Bart B More. I guess my favourite genre is house, but I also enjoy trance, dubstep, hardstyle, hard dance, drum & bass, happy hardcore and hip hop/rap.

Anyways, I signed up here to find answers to questions which I couldn't find on google. I am an active forum poster so hopefully this won't be my only post :)

• 2 months later...

I feel like a dudd for resurrecting this thread, but thanks everyone for the welcomes. I'll be back this weekend to ask some questions. I have reached the level where I would like to learn some more advanced techniques beside your basic (but hard to master) crossfade.

I have not forgotten about this place :)