Another Perthite

commanderdan84

G'day all! Name's Dan and it's good to be on board! I'm new to the DJ-ing scene, although have greatly enjoyed numerous top artists and DJs that have graced Perth over the past decade or so.

I'm a classically trained violinist come drummer, with about 13 years experience with each instrument separately. I have always loved music and since discovering EDM in my early life I have developed a particular love for dnb, techno and hip-hop, in no real order. Ever since having a go with various mates DJ setups in my early twenties, I have had a keen interest in learning the artform, and for financial reasons, have only recently come to realize this interest. So in April, I got myself a pair of 1210 mk5's and a Z2 and have not looked back! Being a trained muso, its been relatively easy for me to pickup, and I have been disciplined (for my own satisfaction) to first buy vinyl records to learn with. I have kept the vinyl to dnb and hip-hop (with plans to learn some turntablism) and due to sheer expense here in Aus, I decided to go DVS with techno. I have no real plans as of yet to do gigs, just a few private parties for friends at this stage, as this is a hobby for me at present, and one which I would like to get good at.

My other musical interest lies in quality/pro sound. Along with my brother, we share a similar love of pro audio, and over the years of going to festivals where we would always find the best accoustic spots and rate the sound systems, we've finally decided to take the plunge and begin building our own pro-sound setup (again, for no apparent reason other than we want access to that deep, clean, chest-thumping bass, and amazingly crisp, clear top end, all the time :) ). In some other posts, I've made mention of an american sound engineer who has been designing horns since the 60's whose name is Bill Fitzmaurice. For those that haven't heard of him, he is known for his extremely efficient designs, which allow for relatively low cost DIY building. IMO this opens the door for DIY very wide, and those who are interested should do themselves a favour and check out his site.

Lookin forward to hearing from y'all, and I hope the evening finds everybody well!

Dan