Sound gear for begginer Setup?

Boxman

Hey guys,

I need some advice on what Audio gear will be suitable for Mobile use. I'm only just starting to take it more seriously and have started accumulating some equipment. I've been mixing around in my bedroom for a while now and want to start making some $$ and getting out there and having fun.

I've got just about everything I need to get started, I just need a Sub.

Currently I have

Pioneer DDJT1

Decent Acer laptop with Traktor

2x 15" Skytek 800w active speakers (I know its cheap crap but I need to start somewhere)

Assorted lights, smoke and lazers - Enough for house parties that's for sure.

What are your suggestions for a cost effective sub? I would prefer active.

Do you guys think this is enough gear to get started for local house parties?

You don't really "need" a sub dude, judging by your kit, it's more than enough. Unless you're doing parties for like 600+ people, you look good.

Dw about your speakers, I had a shitty pair of 10" light up speakers that I bought at Cashies for like $150 for both. They were crap and weren't good enough for the parties I was doing but I still survived so you should be fine m8 [sMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

• 1 month later...

My first sub I purchased was a Behringer pro 1800 active.

My only complaint is it's heavy at around the 50kg mark but apart from that I love it for the $700 I payed.

I now run two of them and use them for school socials-private parties-pub-venue gigs etc.

I also plug into a number of different brand stuff at venues that costs a lot more and honestly most of the time I can not tell the difference even though the huge price difference on some of the gear.

You would probably get away with the pro-1500 and would be lighter and cheaper.

• 3 weeks later...