Hi ADJF

Boxman

Hi Guys,

DJ Boxman here, I've been playing around in my bedroom on my DDJT1 unit for around a year and a half now and I've decided it's time to take it to the next level and get more serious!

I've already been lurking through old threads trying to learn as much as I can about breaking into the scene. I've got loads of questions, but I'll save them for the correct sections!

welcome homie :safe:

glad you decided to post. feel free to ask questions in beginners as a lot of cats ready here to help. and lets hope you can get some mixes up for review. i know i learnt heaps getting the gang to review my shyte (and the first couple ones were pretyy shyte :teef: )

:safe:

Welcome Bromego, to the most amazing musically minded place on the web! Year and a bit on the T1 eh! Be sure to post up some mixes.

Tell us a bit about yourself, what music you digging, what your influences are, what made you finally tick to the "Yeah, I need some DJ gear"

Cheers guys!

I got into Electronic music after playing guitar for 10 years.

Still finding my own taste in this world, when I started I was right into whatever was going off at the time. Very commercial House music. Calvin harris David Guetta ect. I spent way too much time thinking about what people wanted to hear instead of what I enjoyed playing.

In the last few months i've really gotten into minimal and laid back beats.

Brisbane!!

If there are any local residents on board willing to take me along to their gigs (like work experience haha) I'm more than keen to learn more about the other things associated with venue DJing. I understand that there's a big difference between jumping around in your bedroom or your friends parties and the REAL DEAL. I'd love to see first hand everything that happens in the background.

I've started and will continue going clubbing just to study the DJ's and what they do.