Pics of your Set-up

Blodders

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...

@Cupe its on a double tier keyboard stand bro, perfect IMO as i can adjust all the heights to what i want and not have to hunch over.  It worked really well at gigs becuase i would have to bring a table and a keyboard stand. The speakers look stupid that high but I have it set up at ear height.

I have a hardwood computer desk to the right of the shot where I sit at the computer and have the focusrite set up if i want to play on FL Studio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As a new member it's only fair I contribute to the set up thread 🤙

Currently I have the XJD-RX2 with 2x JBL 3 series LSR308 with Sennheiser HD25's headphones, some LED strips and a little RGB in the corner. I also have a few indoor plants like palms and elephant ears that are usually behind the decks and in the corners to give it more of a calmative effect.

On a side note, scrolling through the 105 pages in this thread, the evolution of the technology is incredible!!

RlsZEzp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So bit of an update after all the years of no updates. 

With a plummet in motivation and lack of general hobbies I've decided to invest some time in music again. Since I'm in the same room all the time with my other work, everything looks exactly the same as it has done for years and it doesn't exactly spark inspiration. I figured it was time to change a few things up. 

First
aTwhSzR.jpg

Before
HR4wnZw.jpg

Now
D6xBdTM.jpg

So now it comes time to do something with that wall. The obvious choice are soundproof panels but I'll need to evaluate the room before I do that. Theres a product I can get where I can print directly to sound proofing materials so I might do something a bit custom and use it to advertise the business too - win win.

Anyway, I put the old monitors back in and it's given me so much more room. Also joining the studio are these babies

Z8c0cgp.jpg

Here's a list of the shit I have on my desk at the moment

- 2011 iMac running Snow Leopard is the star attraction running Ableton 9, Logic 9, and MOTU Digital Performer 10 DAWs (all in epic 32bit mode)
- Scarlett 2i4 drives the audio
- 2x Behringer Truth 4" monitors and a KRK 10" sub with a KRK polarity switch (on the desk) makes the noise
- Akai Mini MPK, Novation Launch Pad and a Roland A49 are the midi controllers of choice
- Korg Triton Extreme Workstation (in the other room) provides extra synth goodies when required
- Washburn D10-sk and an Ibanez AW65 account for the acoustics
- Ibanez G10 is called up for electric guitar duties

Here's a list of the shit I hope to have on my desk soon

- Join the 64bit nation and upgrade the iMac to join the 21st century
- Ableton 10 is probably going to be the DAW of choice over Logic (probably a stupid idea in the end but I've been using Ableton for the last 3 years or so)
- Plugins will require updating so I'll do that to 

Hopefully this keeps me amused for a while.

1 hour ago, Cupe said:

What did you do with all those decks @LabRat

:mog:

They're in storage at the moment. I sold the Pioneers years ago and never replaced them. Thinking about bringing one of the turntables back out but there's not heaps of room once I start packing it up with all my work shit during the day

• 1 month later...