New to ADJF

djvinnysyd

Hi all,

My name is Vinny and I'm a mobile DJ based in Sydney, NSW. I've been a mobile DJ for about 5 years now and have slowly acquired some gear. I currently use a Pioneer DDJ-SX with JBL Eon 515XT's. For lighting, I just go to my local DJ shop and hire whatever they have available. I love to play old school RNB and Hiphop/Rap but will play whatever genre the client desires.

Looking forward to networking with other DJs and sound guys on this forum.

Cheers.

Yay another hip hop head! Welcome bruv :safe:

Post some mixes and pics of your set up when you can.

Do you scratch?

Do I scratch? Very poorly :( I've been trying to learn how to scratch for last few months now... and only recently do I think I've actually gained some skill in it. Would love to have a go on real vinyl one day... Plan is to save up enough money to purchase serato + a pair of PLX 1000 in the future.

Here are a couple of photos from my gig on saturday night. I usually have stands for the speakers but I thought they'd be too high on stands inside the tent.

I'm using a pair RCF Art 315's here.

20140906_190620.jpg

20140906_190611.jpg

Here are some more photos from some gigs.

The one with the vinyl setup is from years ago... I hired all the gear from Lamba in Strathfield, NSW.

The QSC's in the other pics are a mate of mines, awesome speakers but I found that they aren't loud enough. Good for house parties though!

You may also notice the booth I built in one of the photos (sorry, I don't know in what order the photos will be uploaded, still a noob at this whole forum thing.) I built that years ago out of PVC piping, use it mainly for weddings and classy 21st birthdays.

DJVJ1.jpg

DJVJ2.jpg

DJVJ3.jpg

Also, sorry for the crappy picture quality, these are all old photos taken from my phone.