TOP 5 BEST ALTERNATIVES TO SOUNDCLOUD

Pending

Since we all know SoundCloud is going down hill here are some alternatives

1. Mixcloud: Mixcloud offers users browsing and streaming audio content uploaded on its site. Registered users are allowed to upload content such as radio shows, DJ mixes, and podcasts, as well as promote and share their content through Mixcloud’s own social networking widget. Registered members may also join a Community, a selection of other users who share a common interest, which will periodically update the user when new content correlated to the Group is available.

2. Bandcamp: Bandcamp is an online service provides a platform on which users can access to an artist’s page featuring information on the artist, social media links, merchandising links and listing the artist’s available music. The site lets artists to provide free music downloads with the option to allocate the artist to receive a free track or album by joining the artist’s email list. Other attributes include dispatching purchased music as a gift, viewing lyrics and saving personal songs or albums in the wish list. These options can be toggled can customized on the artist’s page letting artists to alter the appearance of their page, and to customize its features.

3. House-Mixes: House-Mixes is another online music provider that comes with not limits or restrictions on DJ mix uploads, share your DJ mixes globally. The site allows you interact with other DJs and music fans, with up to half a million registered users. Having more than 300,000 uploaded mixes from every genre, you can hand on your favorite ones easily to enjoy. Here, too, you can choose from various sections like techno, breakbeat, old skool, funky house, commercial dance, house mix, progressive trance, rave, hardcore and more. It also allows you plunge into all sorts of tracks that come in flavors like jackin house, chillout and jungle tracks.

4. Noise Trade: Noise Trade is a platform deliberated to aid artists mounts their audiences by distributing free music in exchange for fan data. Noise Trade caters a substitute for people who love free music to download grand content and exclusively support the authors. Being a music fan, you can choose to help in a couple of ways. The widget of the site is a very simple and fully functional web tool that is structured into a small box. The service provides useful tools for writers, artists, bands and comedians to prance their stuff on the implicit plane.

5. Mixcrate: Mixcrate enables users to browse and listen to DJ mixes on the site. Registered users can ‘like’, download, save a mix to their playlist, and comment on a mix. Users are facilitated to ‘follow’ other users, both DJs and listeners, to be notified of their recent activities on the site such as recently uploaded mixes, newly likes and comments etc. that is shown on the activity feed on the homepage. Registered DJs are accommodated to upload a limitless number of mixes, with a file size limit of 190MB for each mix.

Original atricle

Yeah I'm pretty fond of hearthis.at

I shared it on this forum a short while ago.

There pololicies and pricing is top notch as well a repatively familiar layout.

The app is a bit funny on my phone and kind of underfeatured but early days people...

Sent from my C6603 using Forum Fiend v1.3.2.

• 2 weeks later...

How do we feel about just bailing on third party services like these and simply hosting it all yourself?

I haven't made that plunge as it seems like too much effort and money for 'freedom' but have considered it a few times.

Also the networking aspects of these services is appealing, even though my soundcloud feeds are garbage now. I guess that's why we're discussing alternatives...

Sent from my C6603 using Forum Fiend v1.3.2.

• 1 month later...
Soundcloud feeds are so cluttered now. I would try out http://www.filter.dj, it's been specially made for DJs with an interactive database of songs with tags like 'floorfiller', genre, BPM and more that you can filter with. It's free to use too.

Are you affiliated with this site? Or do you run it?

We'd love to help support another Aussie website in the scene.

Talk to me. 8)

Soundcloud feeds are so cluttered now. I would try out http://www.filter.dj, it's been specially made for DJs with an interactive database of songs with tags like 'floorfiller', genre, BPM and more that you can filter with. It's free to use too.

Are you affiliated with this site? Or do you run it?

We'd love to help support another Aussie website in the scene.

Talk to me. 8)

Hey, I am a founder and I run it, you're right it's an Aussie based startup.

• 2 years later...