Recording a Mix on Traktor Scratch Duo [HELP]

RichoKidd

YO!!!!

So I'm back, its been too long since I posted but I decided to throw myself into my DJing again and decided to show my face round these parts (thanks to Cupe for telling me to come back!!). Figured I'd start with a seeking some help with something.

I've decided to finally start recording some mixes but, being I have an external mixer, I can't figure out how to set it up to record all the cuts and transitions. My major issue is this, the DJM 250 doesn't have a Record Out output... I thought maybe I could use my Steinberg soundcard to record my mixes using XLR cables from my mixer into that and record via Reaper but for some reason all it's picking up is static. Any one able to advise on this?

What am I doing wrong?

You were correct in that there doesn't seem to have a record out, so you need to use one of the master outputs.

What model is the Steinberg?

The interface might be set to "mic" / "instrument" mode, which means the soundcard amplifies the signal. As you're sending a signal that's already amplified You'll need to change it to direct in, and turn on pad if it has it as well.

If I have model of the interface I can probably explain what you have to do better.

Are you just recording into audacity?

i don't see a need to use a record output on a mixer. i personally use the booth as an output, so i can control the master of the recording (if i need to) without it affecting the master output. if you don't have a booth output, just come out of the master into any soundcard / external input from your laptop / computer using a twin RCA > 3.5mm cable into audacity

Nah, I've almost got it, had the Phantom turned on so for some reason it wasnt picking it up. I've now got the right channel but no left channel, but I've had issue's with the left channel on my mixer with my speakers lately too. Maybe its time for another upgrade??

If you're having issues with the speakers and the left channel, try replacing cable first. Unplug Right speaker plug into left channel and vice versa til you know for sure it's the mixer.

But if the Mixer is faulty, then the recording will subsequently have the same problem as it's further down the chain.

more importantly...

come to the meat homie!!!! you in westsyiiid australia right?

EDIT: and then you cna have the mitch helpdesk service in person

Aww chyeaaa completely forgot you were from the W of A Richo! You better be down for the meat up bromego, we're all converging on Perth as of tomorrow night and have the Brass Monkey to our tune tomorrow night 8pm-1am. Hope to see you there!

Lol, you guys! How I missed this place!

I will do my darndest but I've got an assignment due this weekend that I haven't even started yet...so its a large maybe

As for the recording, its all good. I got it working, turns out the left channel RCA on my Audio 6 wasn't pushed in enough :wall::wall::wall: <- me when I figured out it was that simple.

Mix from yours truley will be coming soon!