Live mixer one channel louder than the other

Narukami

Hey all,

Last night, for some reason, one of my studio monitors ended up losing quite a bit of volume. After fiddling around with the cables that connect from my mixer to the laptop, i figured the reason for that was because of the wires. I figured "Alright, I'll just buy new audio cables tomorrow."

I buy the cables today while I was at college and got back to use them but the problem was still there. Turns out, the problem wasn't the cable, it was the mixer itself. One of the channel output on the mixer was actually losing volume for some reason. It actually also affected the headphone output as well. I have no idea why this was a thing. If anyone could help me out, it'd be appreciated.

The mixer is a Behringer Q502USB.

Cheeres.

Could be an issue with dust or dirt inside the fader. I had an issue on one of my DJ mixers and this was the case. You can get a cleaner for you faders but it's been so long I can't remember what it's called or where to get it from. Give your local music shop a buzz and ask about it. They should know the stuff

After some googling, I found out that the reason behind this is because the soldering in the mixer got dry or something. I called up Behringer and they told me that fixing it would cost just as much as buying a new one.

I thing I might as well upgrade and buy a new audio interface. So much money to spend :(

Ah well, thanks anyways man :)