Technics SL-1200 turntable returns in two new audiophile models

OxyKon

19 minutes ago, wrxfiend said:

damn, im so out of touch on this forum i posted this shiz somewhere else.

What happened to the website?????

Oh by the way these new 1200's are going to retail for over $4000 each Aus

we know m8, it did feel a bit too good to be true, but good to see you back :)

53 minutes ago, russell said:

Roland could have done the same with the release of their TR-8 drum machine. 

808's and 909's are highly sought after so they could easily have jacked the price right up for a machine that essentially contains both of them (albeit not true analogue like the 808 and most of the 909). 

They didn't however as they knew the market that would want to buy them couldn't afford extortionate pricing.

It's a shame Technics have decided to just cash in 

I'm with this. Roland could've cashed in hard and every trap head that uses an 808 sample pack would've thrown money at it. I like Roland's approach to their rerun(ish) of produce 

i think the thing is you are assuming this is for djs (hence thinking they buying two)

but its not this is for audiophiles who quite happily drop 1000 on headphones together with a 300 headphone pre-amp.

so 4000 on a turntable to go with a 12000 hi fi system probably doesnt bother them

On 1/9/2016 at 0:16 PM, eggssell said:

i think the thing is you are assuming this is for djs (hence thinking they buying two)

but its not this is for audiophiles who quite happily drop 1000 on headphones together with a 300 headphone pre-amp.

so 4000 on a turntable to go with a 12000 hi fi system probably doesnt bother them

Yes but I think they will be well aware that the vast majority of users over the last 30 years have been DJ's. 

This is their main market wither they want to admit it or not. 

12 hours ago, russell said:

Yes but I think they will be well aware that the vast majority of users over the last 30 years have been DJ's. 

This is their main market wither they want to admit it or not. 

the main users yes, though still not necessarily their main target market. 

even when there were new ones on the market, DJs were sourcing second hand ones. as a lot of DJs didnt want to fork out the cost for a new one. 

audiophiles on the other hand are more than willing to spend much more then what the actual value may be; much like sneaker heads paying 300-1000 retail for a pair of shoes.

however what i do agree with you is the missed oppurtunity. they know DJs have been dying for this for years. and as they will likely be built in the panasonic vietnam factories, they are going to be costing them a hella lot less then the old ones.

so they could easily dump them for a cheaper price on the market and they will get lapped up like apple fan bois getting the latest iphone