Beginner mixer?

Hey adjf, I'm in the market for a mixer and I've narrowed it down to a few I like the look of...

-numark M2/M4 (not sure if the extra channel is worth the extra cash)

-citronic smfx 200 (lots of effects and I've found one very cheap)

If there's a better deal out there, please let me know. I'm trying to pick up a mixer that has an adjustable crossfader and 3-band EQ mainly. Itd be nice to have the cross fader reverse, if only so I could try out reverse scratching.

i'm not a massive fan of the Numark mixers . I had one (might still have it somewhere) and it wasn't very good. 

I haven't heard about the citronic before but if you're after fx on a budget i'd assume that one probably won't break the bank. have you looked on gumtree for a DJM or ever a 4ch behringer? 
4ch is probably the way to go (with the extra 2chs) but if you're looking for something just to get you going and a 2ch is gonna do everything you need the numark will do the job. the stanton mixers are pretty cool and i'm sure most of them have a reverse function on the crossfader. 

i've been out of the loop a little on DJ gear as i don't really need it at home but based on the experience that's what i can recommend. 

25 minutes ago, LabRat said:

i'm not a massive fan of the Numark mixers . I had one (might still have it somewhere) and it wasn't very good. 

I haven't heard about the citronic before but if you're after fx on a budget i'd assume that one probably won't break the bank. have you looked on gumtree for a DJM or ever a 4ch behringer? 
4ch is probably the way to go (with the extra 2chs) but if you're looking for something just to get you going and a 2ch is gonna do everything you need the numark will do the job. the stanton mixers are pretty cool and i'm sure most of them have a reverse function on the crossfader. 

i've been out of the loop a little on DJ gear as i don't really need it at home but based on the experience that's what i can recommend. 

First up, thanks for the informative reply man.

Funny you should mention Gumtree, I've been scouring it just about every day, trying to find something that'll get the job done. That's where I found the citronic actually.

Are the numark mixers bad in build or sound quality from what you've experienced, or are they just a waste of time altogether?

12 hours ago, Actuatedkarma said:

First up, thanks for the informative reply man.

Funny you should mention Gumtree, I've been scouring it just about every day, trying to find something that'll get the job done. That's where I found the citronic actually.

Are the numark mixers bad in build or sound quality from what you've experienced, or are they just a waste of time altogether?

yeah i figured you had already tried gumtree but just thought i'd throw that in there lol

well this is all personal opinions, the sound isn't fantastic out of the Numark mixers. To me, it's just a real average quality. The build is a bit average too but it's not gonna fall apart. i had the 5000fx and the whole thing didn't feel nice, it didn't sound all that great and the fx were a bit average too. i'm a bit picky when it comes to this stuff. for example, i don't like the way the pioneer mixers sound and i think their filters suck lol 

if you're on a budget then get what's gonna work for you. once you start making some money out of it you can upgrade your gear to pioneer stuff or to whatever you choose. i started on a Denon dnx 100 2ch mixer (which actually sounded amazing for what it was). if you can find one of those i'd say go for that

Denon-X100.jpg   

• 6 months later...