Zed Bias gives Kattison’s ‘Up & Down’ a bass house edge

Cupe

We’ve been taken aback  by Kattison’s juicy, sun-drenched summer cut ‘Up & Down’ – and now it’s been given the remix treatment by Zed Bias.

Bias drenches the original’s anthemic parts, namely the vocals, with plenty of fizzing sub-frequencies, scittish percussion work, and then finishes it off with a throbbing, rotund bassline for a proper club refix.

Speaking about the original, Kattison said: “The record happened so naturally: it was probably made in the quickest time I can ever remember making a track.

“I wanted to create something funky, disco-y, but also something emotive. I tried not to listen to any other tracks that day because I wanted something that was like nothing else out at the time.”

Be sure to check out the new video for the original, too. Filmed in Barcelona, with archive footage provided by director Johnny Morgue, the music video for ‘UP and Down’ evokes the nostalgia associated with that first, perfect summer holiday away – something we can all relate to.

The post Zed Bias gives Kattison’s ‘Up & Down’ a bass house edge appeared first on Harder Blogger Faster.

Source