Looking for melbourne bounce drum samples

kdaddy

Does anyone have any of the drum samples (kicks, claps, snares) that all the melbourne bounce guys are using in their tracks? Artists like Joel Fletcher, Will Sparks, Timmy Trumpet, J-Trick, SCNDL, Deorro etc?

I'd be willing to trade for them if anyone's interested I have a pretty extensive sample collection.

3 hours ago, LabRat said:

to be honest, you can use what you already have. if you're looking for those real snappy, minimal kicks they're just layers of overly compressed claps or high pitched ticks or kicks. 

Yeah man you're right I'm just obsessed with the ones they use specifically, they're just massive

38 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Yeah man you're right I'm just obsessed with the ones they use specifically, they're just massive

Most people are lol they're super simple to make using layering techniques. I'll give you a basic rundown with something you can try with what you have.

Get a thick kick with a nice fat / heavy thump - this will be the main body of the kick. Next I would suggest a short stabby clap, snare or perc sound but feel free to experiment. This will give that crack that you're after. These samples are usually compressed anyway but we're gonna go ahead and compress it even more so they're even shorter and stabbier. It will basically sound like a small tick as if you were tapping a pen on a desk. I can't give exact settings because it's gonna vary between the samples you use. Alternatively to compression, you can use a transient shaping tool. Next, and if you want to / if it sounds good, get a short attack hi hat. The stabbier the better and this could just add some extra brightness to the initial click. It's totally up to you if you wanna use it or not so just play around with it. If you're in Ableton you can group them all together or if you're in Logic you can send it to a bus (I don't know how you would do it in other software). In that grouped or bussed track, glue it all together with compression / EQ / other filters or modulators so it all sounds nice. It'll take some experimenting until you get something you like but it's more rewarding once you do. You can always use a drum machine like Battery to manipulate the envelopes and filters to get a completely different sound all together.     

17 hours ago, LabRat said:

Most people are lol they're super simple to make using layering techniques. I'll give you a basic rundown with something you can try with what you have.

Get a thick kick with a nice fat / heavy thump - this will be the main body of the kick. Next I would suggest a short stabby clap, snare or perc sound but feel free to experiment. This will give that crack that you're after. These samples are usually compressed anyway but we're gonna go ahead and compress it even more so they're even shorter and stabbier. It will basically sound like a small tick as if you were tapping a pen on a desk. I can't give exact settings because it's gonna vary between the samples you use. Alternatively to compression, you can use a transient shaping tool. Next, and if you want to / if it sounds good, get a short attack hi hat. The stabbier the better and this could just add some extra brightness to the initial click. It's totally up to you if you wanna use it or not so just play around with it. If you're in Ableton you can group them all together or if you're in Logic you can send it to a bus (I don't know how you would do it in other software). In that grouped or bussed track, glue it all together with compression / EQ / other filters or modulators so it all sounds nice. It'll take some experimenting until you get something you like but it's more rewarding once you do. You can always use a drum machine like Battery to manipulate the envelopes and filters to get a completely different sound all together.     

Thanks man been trying this out and it's been working out nicely, very helpful!