Starting all over again

natty

I did a Dj course a while back now and i really enjoyed it but after a while i lost motivation as i wasn't able to put enough time into it due to work.

I want to give it another go but i know ill put more effort in if had a buddy who was maybe a bit more experienced than me to get me back into it. I live in Sydney and i use serato and a pioneer DDJ controller, very basic. I've had a few friends tell me there is a growing demand for female Djs or just more chicks in general in the industry so i figure its worth giving ago if the consumers are starting to demand it. If there another beginner out there who maybe wants to T up and collaborate that would be awesome

Thanks  

I think having more female dj's / producers in this industry is a great thing and i've been supporting it where I can. I've also shared an opinion or 2 in regards to the lack of actual talent that's out there lol 

I'm not from sydney but I teach Djing and production with so happy to help. 

Agree with what Spitfire said - definitely get in and give it a crack! I'm from Melb, not Syd, but also happy to help out over the magic of the interwebs. There's a few Sydneysiders on here somewhere.

There's also plenty of stuff in beginners section too :) + definitely check out mixes in the genre section(s) of your liking, and post stuff up so we can give feedback

chopping it up with other folks actually definitely helps. as does practice

in my early days i practiced beat matching heaps, and thought i was aiight. then i had one of my homies who dj's come thru and i learnt more in three hours then i had the first two months. so i 100% recommend hooking it up with people.

also chuck your mixes up here for comment. even if its mega critical (lols... i remember how bad my first one was). all of it helped me. i mean i still suck but better :teef: