Opinions, Traktor or Serato

Doddy

Hey guys, so again asking some simple/dumb questions, stumbled across this while at work today, and just wanted people opinions on going to the digital side of turntables. (scared!) 

Obv im thinking the biggest PITA is going to be copying vinyl to digital format...not hard but FML would take a lifetime.

Other than that, I wanted to check on what peoples opinions are and which one they thought was better and why. Ie Serato has multiple cue points, Traktor has ......

I will search and dig around as im sure there wil be a topic on here somewhere, but also wanted to get feelers out for others opinions. If it helps I was leaning towards serato only because I have used it once or twice - familar with it more but really have no loyalties, but then I saw traktor is NI and I have Maschine, so that might be something to consider as well.

Anyways, keen to hear your thoughts

1 hour ago, Doddy said:

Herpa deeerrpp, just saw the traktor v serato thread. I will look in there first. That's what I get for asking questions without searching :twak:

Lol yeah there's a lot of the same FAQs in there so it should help

Yeah, try using the search function before posting a question. More than likely someone has already posted an answer for you.

But in reply to your question; Serato is my preferred. I have used both very extensively since switching from CDs. They're both very similar, but I found that Traktor would crash and glitch audio randomly whereas Serato just worked without a problem. That's purely on a technical operating basis.

4 hours ago, NitroMonkey said:

Yeah, try using the search function before posting a question. More than likely someone has already posted an answer for you.

But in reply to your question; Serato is my preferred. I have used both very extensively since switching from CDs. They're both very similar, but I found that Traktor would crash and glitch audio randomly whereas Serato just worked without a problem. That's purely on a technical operating basis.

Yeah nitro, I kinda noticed it literally after I posted and realised there is a whole section to it. So defs my bad!

Time to keep on reading and researching I thinks. Just blown away by how much things have changed.