Ableton: Can't locate samples

LabRat

So a recent project has gone rouge and can't find some of the audio files. I've selected the folder they're and it's found 2 out of the 3 but all 3 of them are in there. Even though it's found the 2 it wont replace the files in the project. Does anyone know why this is? I'm really hoping I don't have to chop all these samples up again coz it was a bitch to do it the first time :( 

So if anyone gets into this situation you're pretty well stuffed. I'm not even sure what to do to avoid this happening. I had to redo everything and that was quite annoying. I never moved my samples from their original location from import so it's got stumped…

If I open the project today (or whenever) and it's don't it again, I guess the project is just bugged and even then I don't have an answer to how that could be

1 hour ago, BeatLeSS said:

How does the library work, you throw a song into ableton, chop it up, then shouldn't it store those files separately that go through the sampler?

Ableton has a seperate file (that's essentially a copy of the original file) that stores the information so if you're dragging samples from your hard drive you need to have it connected in order to open the project again. There's a function called collect and save which locals the files and saves them in the ableton project folder. 

Logic for example, automatically stores those files in the logic project folder so logic reads all the information from the 1 folder rather than sourcing all its info from a million different places

• 3 weeks later...