This place is quiet af. What do we do?

Cupe

3 hours ago, Cupe said:

I'm trying to get my other Facebook account unlocked so I can promote it on the groups I have on there

They're fuckheads and slow whales

you and your social media presence hey lol i'm surprised you don't have a separate account for other things

Maybe the new gen DJ's don't really care. There's plentiful groups on Facebook and some of them aren't holding up either. Depends on certain posts but there might only be 2 or 3 groups that people go to for advice. I know for one, most of our generation are well and truly over it. I've had the headphones hung up for a while and the whole time I've just stayed away from the scene. I don't even teach

Maybe if people actually replied to posts rather than being lurkers.

I haven't had much time to do anything of recent, but have made an effort to post some content. Of which plenty of people have looked at the posts, but not commented. This seems to be a common thing all over the forum which is sad.

Maybe if we all make an effort to reply to what we view we will change the culture of the forum?

On 12/12/2017 at 7:41 AM, LabRat said:

Maybe the new gen DJ's don't really care. There's plentiful groups on Facebook and some of them aren't holding up either. Depends on certain posts but there might only be 2 or 3 groups that people go to for advice. I know for one, most of our generation are well and truly over it. I've had the headphones hung up for a while and the whole time I've just stayed away from the scene. I don't even teach

I do agree with this, the Perth dnb group is barley even posted in anymore, which used to be massive, and yea, i haven't mixed since @BeatLeSS was over for my wedding back in August, before then, it was the meat, I've spent a lot of time listening to my roots which is Heavy Metal, but i have been finding over the last few weeks that i'm listening to more and more mixes.

On 12/15/2017 at 11:57 AM, LabRat said:

Maybe time to close and open a Facebook group instead 

I personally don't want to see this happen, I know some of us have a lot going on so we can't make it around as much, but i still love this forum, you're all my family as far as i'm concerned, and a lot of us have been through a shit load together, especially when it comes to the meats, a few of us also have put in a lot of money to keep this place running and i personally know i do not want to see this place go.

Proper setup at meat and some decent footage. Perhaps a ADJF logo'd banner or something to put on the DJ table/hang up behind it.

This will show a solid grounding of members that actively participate inside and outside of the board, and promotes the community ;)

Put it up as the banner on the site.

Well a few decent posed up photos with a bit of photoshop glam and our fav diva should do the trick. There's no community feel for others on the board I reckon, we have too tight of a group here and need to somehow make it appealing, welcome and warm.

We're brutish because we're close, a boys club if you will, and in the realm of PC/PR it's probably damaging.

13 hours ago, BeatLeSS said:

Well a few decent posed up photos with a bit of photoshop glam and our fav diva should do the trick. There's no community feel for others on the board I reckon, we have too tight of a group here and need to somehow make it appealing, welcome and warm.

We're brutish because we're close, a boys club if you will, and in the realm of PC/PR it's probably damaging.

I don't reckon. Everyone chips in and replies to all the new threads. The problem is getting faggots off shit social media. It's psychologically breaking humans so it's ruining the rest of the internet.

There just needs to be incentive, and I've tried loads of different ones (most recent being forum cash). I just don't have the time and money to run marketing campaigns any more. Hoping I have more time in the new year.

13 hours ago, BeatLeSS said:

could put you in touch with a guy that has a boiler room type studio and streams from BNE pretty much every day of week. Could be cool to embed those in forums/have him post when someone goes live etc?

That is easy to do and we wouldn't even need permission. What we need is guys on those streams to plug the forum, but everyone wants money for just scratching their ass on cam these days

Keep the ideas flowing tho. Need more. Need multi-brain.

On 12/24/2017 at 6:23 AM, Cupe said:

That is easy to do and we wouldn't even need permission. What we need is guys on those streams to plug the forum, but everyone wants money for just scratching their ass on cam these days.

Keep the ideas flowing tho. Need more. Need multi-brain.

Well, it's a way for him to reach more DJ's who might want to use the studio, it's a way to promote local events in BNE at least, and a way for forum visitors to be always checking out live shit. I'm sure you two can work something out where he can make the ADJF logo/link float around the video whenever someone that clicks a ADJF referred link joins the stream or some shit.. I'm almost certain thats do-able. Or something similar. Paul is his name, he's a fkn whizz at the streaming/audio/visual shit, feel free to let him know I referred you, i've mentioned the forums before to him multiple times he should remember. 

Frequencies.tv