Club label legends Sweat It Out are releasing a 10 year anniversary vinyl

News

There is no denying the contribution the Sweat It Out label has had on the local and global music scene, and the announce of a new vinyl release paying tribute to founder and DJ god AJAX and his legacy to the Australian scene music is a bloody good reason to celebrate.

Sydney DJ AJAX was instrumental in it’s origins and provides on-going inspiration of the label we know today with the bucket load of talent that has been released a testament to that. With the amount of releases ticking over a cool 217 the team have been hard at work and this, an opportunity to highlight some of the most memorable originals and remixes on the label.

What the first side of the vinyl will deliver on is the older tracks that were likely a result of AJAX himself. You will be treated to an unreleased song from him named ‘I’m Hot’, which is a major throwback to the genres and sounds that started the label. Also included will be the last promo piece from AJAX, in the form of a vinyl booklet, on the release of Parachute Youth and their unforgettable track, ">Can’t Get Better Than This, which was the second track to go global – the first being, ">We Speak No Americano, by Yolanda Be Cool.

Side C and D has some of the later and bigger releases Sweat It Out has had to offer. Synonymous with the success they have had, it will feature ">‘Take Me’ by RÜFÜS DU SOL, then named RÜFÜS, and include their 2014 signing Motez and his club hit ">‘Promise Me’. Also featured, will be the track that was recently #1 on the ARIA Club Charts for 9 weeks, in the form of Dom Dolla & Go Freek’s track ">‘Freek’. Finishing the smorgasbord of hits, we head to the colossal song ">‘Jaguar’ by What So Not in all its splendor, and a rightful closure to the songs that have represented Sweat It Out in its innovative 10 years of existence.

You can clearly hear the evolution of the sounds and influences of the music through the years, but the indelible tribute to the man who shaped the formative years of Sweat It Out’s music will always be the same.

The vinyl is set to be released Friday the 2nd of November but you can pre-order it here.

Check out the tracklisting below;

1. Ajax – I’m Hot (Mixed)
2. Midnight Juggernauts – Shadows (Ajax Remix) (Mixed)
3. Twinsy – Back Of My Car (Mixed)
4. Northbrook – Move Your Body (Ajax Remix) (Mixed)
5. Gameboy Gamegirl – Sweaty Wet / Dirty Damp (Mixed)
6. Monkey Safari – Those Dancing Days (Mixed)
7. Danny T – Mean Baby (Mixed)
8. What So Not – 7 Dollar Bill (Mixed)
9. Rüfüs – Take Me (Mixed)
10. Parachute Youth – Can’t Get Better Than This
11. Yolanda Be Cool & DCUP – Soul Makossa (Money) (Mixed)
12. Indian Summer – Grand Rapids (Mixed)
13. Crooked Colours – Come Down (Mixed)
14. Dom Dolla & Go Freek – Define (Mixed)
15. Motez – Promise Me (Mixed)
16. What So Not Jaguar (Mixed)

Source