hey all!

DavePulse

Hi Guys.

My Name is Brenton and i live and grew up on the Northern Beaches of Sydney.

A bit about mysellf....Ive been djing for about 7 yrs now (trance/electro house etc) and in the last 18 months have started to get into production.

Ive got a pretty sweet studio setup which i have been working on for quite awile which includes various bits and peices.

Djing setup includes 2xCdj200's and a DJM600.

Production setup includes a Virus Ti, Sh-201, MOTU F/W soundcard, vocal booth and Rode studio mic etc.

Currently running an I7 PC with Ableton Live, Cubase, and FL studio, but am waiting on a new i7 macbook which will be running Live and Logic.

anyway, just thought i would give a shout out to everyone!

Is there anyone on here also from the Northern beaches???

Brenton

hey mate.

yeah, im just using Cubase in while im waiting on the Macbook and Logic.

I first started using Live but have grown sick of using it for production.

I know this is going to prob going to cause some arguments, but while Live is an awesome program for "Live"performances and is extremely easy to use, i cannot stand it for production mainly due to the lack of multiple monitor support and mediocre built in instruments/plugins.

all the DAW's have pro's and con's and I have grown to like Logic the best as it does everything I want it to easlily (except the fukn piano roll...GRRR).

Cheers

Brenton

Brenton what would you say is better for recording voice at home for my podcast. A condensor mic or a dynamic? Im thinking condensor, but just making sure

im certainly no expert, but condensor mics pick up and intensify background noises, which for recording just a voice would suck i reckon.

I would probably go a dynamic over a condensor for recording a podcast as sound quality doesnt have to be perfect. you would probably pick up a loud hum from a fan/hard drive in ur computer which would be noticable.

im probably wrong so i would prob do a bit more research.

hope this helps

Brenton

http://www.storedj.com.au/products/product.php?id=822

what about this one though? last paragraph in particular

Hey Mate.

Sorry for the late reply....

I guess it really doesnt matter too much then, i def prefer Condensor mics, as they are extremely accurate and sound awesome when you get it right!

On the down side but, unless your room is prefect, it will pick up and intensify all the imperfections.

An example of their sensetivity is that one of my mates phone vibrated in his pocket while we were recordiong, and while none of us noticed it then, as soon as we played back the recording it sounded like an electric shaver in the background.

Cheers

Brenton

Hi Guys.

Just spend a fair bit of coin on my setup in the last week.

Ive decided to stick with Cubase for production on my PC, so i just bought a cheap Macbook for live performances only.

Though it would post some pics and give a listing of all the gear etc.....so here we go.

Dj Setup-

2 X Technics SL1210M3D Turntables

2 X Pioneer CDJ200's

1 X fukn cool stand for CDJ's

1 X Pioneer DJM600 Mixer

1 X Pair Techincs 1210 Dj Headphones

2 X Behringer Truth 8' Studio Monitors

1 X Macbook running Ableton Live 8

1 X Novation NIO 4out/2in USB Soundcard

1 X Akai APC40

Production Setup-

1 X Core i7 PC Running Windows 7 (64 bit)

2 X 24 Inch Acer LCD Monitors

1 X 27 Inch ASUS LCDMonitor

2 X JBL 5' Studio Monitors

1 X MOTU Ultralite F/W Soundcard

1 X Access Virus TI

1 X Roland SH-201

1 X Novation Remote ZeroSL

Wish List-

2 X Pioneer CDJ900's

1 X Pioneer DJM800

Some other crap to fill up the space on my table.....

th_IMG_0346.jpg

th_IMG_0347.jpg

th_IMG_0348.jpg

th_IMG_0349.jpg

th_IMG_0350.jpg

Brenton what would you say is better for recording voice at home for my podcast. A condensor mic or a dynamic? Im thinking condensor, but just making sure

Hey mate.. Id definitley go for a large diaphragm condenser for your application.. (if your concerned about background noise you should look into appropriate switchable polar patterns.. in particular cardioid and hyper cardioid should suit)