Whats up!

PeterD

Hello AusDJs,

Just joined the forum and thought i should drop in here to say my hellos :)

My background...

Been mixing for close to ten years now.. just finishing an audio engineering and sound production degree here in sydney. Check my sets, remixes, mash-ups and original productions at soundcloud

http://soundcloud.com/peter-davies

Im looking for people to collaborate with on any level :) Hit me back if your interested.

welcome to the forums mate, good to see some more experience come through, sure there will be plenty of people up for a collab.

what daw do you use?

yo jonny, atm im mainly using ableton but i also run pro tools, cubase, FL Studio, Reason and anything else i can get my hands on.. producing mainly in the direction of house.. minimal, progressive, Tech, Techno, House, Electro.. how bout yourself?

Welcome. :safe: ill give your stuff a listen now :)

what hardware do you use? for production + dj/mixing ?

hey buck.. my current hardware setup includes

2 x sl1200mk5

2 x cdj800

djm600

15inch macbook pro

mbox2 pro

remote sl25 mk2

launchpad

27inch imac :D :D :D

Mackie MR5's

um.. what am i leaving out?

how bout yourself?

Wow at that set up, get ya cash out :teef:
remote sl25 mk2

:werd: How are the mkIIs?? in comparison to mkI, other than being prettier :lol:

Welcome :safe:

LOL

Ill post some pics of my setup soon :)

mkII is worth its weight in gold man.. between that and the launchpad, live feels more like an instrument everyday..

i didnt own the mkI (i upgraded from a korg microKontrol) but i can speak highly for the touch sensitive encoders and faders (so cool) and the single screen is more than enough display than you need :) just about the only thing it doesnt have is automated faders (hint hint novation!) other than that I Rate It Soo Highly!

Thanks

Yeah I got the mkI a month or so befor II came out, looks the same to me, other than the nice leds around the knobs

The LEDs are great when scolling through multiple pages of mappings.. they jump to each preset level unlike faders.. if you have the mkI, your not missing out on much

welcome to the forums mate, good to see some more experience come through, sure there will be plenty of people up for a collab.

what daw do you use?

yo jonny, atm im mainly using ableton but i also run pro tools, cubase, FL Studio, Reason and anything else i can get my hands on.. producing mainly in the direction of house.. minimal, progressive, Tech, Techno, House, Electro.. how bout yourself?

nice man.

i use logic pro 9. recently switched from FL. and was the best decision ever, logic is amazing!

myself i produce dubstep(along with every other cat on this forum haha) fidget, electro, and i dabble in a few house genre's every now and then

myself i produce dubstep(along with every other cat on this forum haha)

:? am I missing something here?

sorry i got that wrong haha, wrote that really with out thinking, was just thinking that everyone here listen to dubstep,

i dunno why i wrote that actually

cool cool man.

Im from Sydney too.

Northern Beaches...you?

Brenton

Living in Elizabeth Bay but all my gear is out near parramatta..

do you have any tracks i can listen to?

Hi Peter.

I actually work in Elizabeth Bay :)

All my gear is in the Beaches but.

I havent actually made anything that i would consider actually allowing anyone else to hear yet....im a real perfectionist lol.

Brenton

cool cool man.

Im from Sydney too.

Northern Beaches...you?

Brenton

Living in Elizabeth Bay but all my gear is out near parramatta..

do you have any tracks i can listen to?

Hi Peter.

I actually work in Elizabeth Bay :)

All my gear is in the Beaches but.

I havent actually made anything that i would consider actually allowing anyone else to hear yet....im a real perfectionist lol.

Brenton

LOL Just a thought man.. but if we collaborate.. i may just hear what your doing....

So you mean to tell me you have a virgin Virus Ti... and all that studio gear but no music? i dont believe it! come on bro.. i know you've got something up your sleeve??? or we reeeeally need to get that virus to my studio asap.. id love to re-record some of my midi... what music are you into??