PETA Tried To Introduce “Animal Friendly Catchphrases” And Got Promptly Shit On

News

Whenever someone asks me if I care about animal rights I always answer with a resounding yes. However, my feelings towards PETA, the body of humans that have appointed themselves the saviour of all animals everywhere, are that they are complete and utter sensitive shit heads that are only capable of killing 95% of the animals in their care.

But enough about that, you’re here to have a gander at the absolutely insane anti-animal language that good ol’ PETA is keen to put a stop to right? Well, look no further.

Words matter, and as our understanding of social justice evolves, our language evolves along with it. Here’s how to remove speciesism from your daily conversations. pic.twitter.com/o67EbBA7H4

— PETA: Bringing Home the Bagels Since 1980 (@peta) December 4, 2018

The organisation followed that sound bit of logic with the following statement:

Just as it became unacceptable to use racist, homophobic, or ableist language, phrases that trivialize cruelty to animals will vanish as more people begin to appreciate animals for who they are and start ‘bringing home the bagels’ instead of the bacon.

While it is important to recognise the value of our words, the argument becomes redundant when you consider that animals ARE LITERALLY INCAPABLE OF UNDERSTANDING WHAT WE HAVE TO SAY AND GARNER NO CONTEXT OR OFFENCE FROM WHAT WE SAY TO THEM.

Phew.

As you’d expect, the internet proceeded to rip into PETA, here’s a selection of some of the best.

This is a joke post right? Has to be. Equating "anti animal" speech to racial slurs is a whole new level of absurdity. We eat animals. They do not have equal rights with humans. I'll keep using my "anti animal" words, thanks.

— KorbeK (@KorbeKGaming) December 5, 2018

This is a wildly false equivalency. Why don’t you try telling Matthew Shepard’s family, or Brandon Teena’s family, that bigoted slurs are the same as saying “bring home the bacon”? This is a middle finger to the LGBTQ, disabled, and POC communities in this country.

— Erin Bacca (@erinbacca) December 5, 2018

My wife has Celiac disease and finds your "Bring home the bagels" and "Feed two birds with one scone" offensive. Not really, but this is ridiculous.

— Jeff Kleck (@JeffKleck) December 5, 2018

pic.twitter.com/Am8HsYnP0x

— Joe Harrison (@child_genius1) December 5, 2018

Maybe I’m feeding a fed horse here but I think we’ve gone too far @peta pic.twitter.com/fHCmMzFW2L

— Blaize Hart (@HartBlaize) December 5, 2018

Source