eggssell

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gunners - my world

this was from use your illusion 2.

this was a change of genre for GnR's. was almost an industrial sound. i loved this track.

at the end he says "guess what im doing now", just after you hear the sounds of someone pulling a cone. then again you also hear fukkking noises so maybe he was referring to that.

either way was a nice little interlude on that album

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea of this game, not least because I may learn some of the thousands of tunes I have on my HD! My agent dumped heaps of stuff for mobile work on me...

todays shuffle is:

sly and the family stone - if you want me to stay.

i recognise it and have heard it out but wouldnt have been able to name it if i heard it without itunes telling me what it was lol. It's got one of those rare soul b-lines thats has been sampled loads and copied loads.

yay friday shuffle which i didnt start. this is only my iphone cuz work speakers died last week so cant use my ipod. anyways...

common feat bilal - play your cards right

this was from the sweet soulful finding forever album from a few years back. typical of the trakcs of that album, with a nice soulful backing track. horns and "yays". nice little hook from bilal. perfect sunday sunset track, or 2 am cigar smoking at the back of the club track.

yay friday shuffle which i didnt start. this is only my iphone cuz work speakers died last week so cant use my ipod. anyways...

common feat bilal - play your cards right

this was from the sweet soulful finding forever album from a few years back. typical of the trakcs of that album, with a nice soulful backing track. horns and "yays". nice little hook from bilal. perfect sunday sunset track, or 2 am cigar smoking at the back of the club track.

I Love Common, such a unique flow and always has great collaborations....

• 3 weeks later...

ahh time to snuffle

the Roots - Walk Alone

this was from the how i got over album. which was their last one aside from the john legend collabo.

anyone who dont know the roots go check em. hip hop band. great soulful music. for the youngins that watch jimmy fallon they the studio band

anyway track is a mellow key laden track. features regular associate dice raw assisting black thoughts on lyrics. nice little swing style hook. you can pitcure this in a cigar filled club with booths and small stage.

i love this friday shuffle eggs, always starts my day with a slice of history.

this week itunes DJ threw up a classic by ragga twins who I know I've posted here b4, guess my itunes dj knows what i like... this is "shine eye" feat junior reid, a class riff sampled from todd terry, a class rap by a reggae superstar and class beats by original junglist massive...

wait until .53 seconds in for the riff, then at about 1.15 it's heads down for the running man :)

"a shine eye gal is a trouble to a man."

• 4 weeks later...

been a while since no fool.

why - nate dogg

from the gridlock'd soundtrack. awesome nate track with his deep nasal verses into a an almost preaching chorus. typical subject matter of being sad for passed ones while asking why and hoping for change. awesome bridge.

on a sidenote anyone ever watch gridlock'd? film with tupac and tim roth, about heroine addicts. while i know rapper turned actors are usually frowned upon, to me this was prob tupac at his best (i mean he did go to an arts & acting school before he bacme a rapper), as well as being the best script he ever acted in. black comedy/ drama. so no real jokes but some laffs, while all within a serious situation.tim roth is also king. and thandie newtown is a babe

soundtrack has a few gems. especially Life Is A Traffic Jam. which has pac and Newton (i think) over some jazz. one of my fave tracks of all time, of all time.

check the frank ocean songs. and if you got the bonus tracks, the pete rock one.

these are my fave on the album

im not a big jay-z fan so album was only aiight. i think this album shows how much better kanye is as a rapper, not only does he beat jay lyrically on each track. if you look between tracks kanye changes his styles up (yes its still only a repertoire of 7 or 8 styles) but jay-z sounds the same on every single track! imo though.

• 2 weeks later...

what do you mean I'm too late? It's only 3.45pm on friday 18th nov in the U.K.

And I get: "tell you" but I dont know who it's by. It's from a vinyl compilation I bought years ago called "disco not disco" and all the artists names have been lost during importing the vinyl to a digital format.

Nevertheless this is an absolute stonking tune. Proof positive that disco really was the roots of house music, and i do mean disco, not that watered down shite that abba and the beegees made, disco as in the loft, haven and studio 54 and the original DJs like francis grasso, nicky siano etc in the late '60s early '70s who invented beatmatching all those years ago. So old even I wasnt bon yet ;)

still my fav thread eggs, top banana.

its friday night and the weekends here i need to get down wheres the shuffle mister dee eejay

the rules again, from whatever device you playing your music, hit the shuffle/random button and let us know what comes out. try not to restrict to a playlist or album (of course if you using a single cd player thats difficult).

otay dj spin that wheel....

game - touchdown

from the LAX album a few years ago now. awesome beat with an oldschool sample a la kanye stuff (just wiki'd and sure enuff its a curtis mayfield sample). got the old funkadelic type chorus, and even has a singing verse by raheem davaughn.

not one of my fave tracks on the album but a very nice song. and very west coast. i can imagine riding my electra rat rod through my neighbourhood at sundown, VB longneck in one hand, chinning up hello to the holmies that i pass.