UPDATE: Simply Amazed....wow :(

Jaz

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here's what you do AZ: Go to ebay, buy a pill marker, go buy 100 glucose tablets, mark a Mitsubishi sign into each pill, bag it up. Now get a gig, hire your gear. While at the party, use a fake name, fake details, maybe even wear a mustache, in the last half an hr of your set start selling your tablets for $30 a pop. Tell them you're mates with a cook, "they're fuckin pure as hell!". Then get the fuck outta there.

Done, you just made $3k - hire costs - minus other costs, about $2750.

You're all sweet brother! Get yourself some real gear!

Ok here's what you do AZ: Go to ebay, buy a pill marker, go buy 100 glucose tablets, mark a Mitsubishi sign into each pill, bag it up. Now get a gig, hire your gear. While at the party, use a fake name, fake details, maybe even wear a mustache, in the last half an hr of your set start selling your tablets for $30 a pop. Tell them you're mates with a cook, "they're fuckin pure as hell!". Then get the fuck outta there.

Done, you just made $3k - hire costs - minus other costs, about $2750.

You're all sweet brother! Get yourself some real gear!

LOL LOLL LOLL!! psh 30 bucks a pill thats too expensive!

have rang storeDJ and told him whats going on and asked about the epx3000, he said it may be over powering the jaycar speakers and could damage them and i may be better off with the epx2000....

but wont they only be over powered if i over power them?

well honestly, the jaycar speakers won't handle all the power that the epx3000 will put out, but you'll need the extra power for the subs.

those jaycar speakers do have built-in protectors that cut them off if they are overpowered, but you'll be able to make sure they arent by not turning the amp up too much.

because they have a low power handling, they should be highly sensitive so will be louder without needing to turn up the amp's gain too much.

yeh thats what i meant, they wont be over powered unless i turn the volume up 2 much, plus with the epx3000 if i have extra power left over on 1 channel i can always get a third speaker and connect parallel making it 2.7 ohms, or a forth making in 2ohms, and possibly enough left over on the subs channel to add 1 more speakers, but then i may have to series/parallel connect, but i dont have to worry about that now

:P i was up most of the night researching LOL

You'll need a limiter for sure.

From the dbx Driverack PA manual:

Amplifiers are fixed gain devices, turning down the amplifi-

er input attenuators does not change the potential output of the amplifier; it only requires more

input voltage to get full output power.

This means that even if you turn your amplifier volume knobs down, it doesn't save you from cooking your speakers. If you happened to have a big signal come through from your mixer (you bumped the master way up, a dodgy connection), it could potentially still rush in for signal big enough to cook cones.

Let me see what I have behind my speakers

This one has binding posts, This banana plugs,this jacks,this Speakon, this XLR and this spring loaded binding posts for 7gauge wire only.

Not having a go about anyone, just hard to compare amps with speakers when you have to bring out the tool kit everytime.

Ok good I was freeking thinking I won't be able to connect the subs to the amp lol, on the back of the amp where it has the 1/4" input 1 and 2 that just works the same as ch1 and 2 for speaker wire inputs yeh? Then how do I make it so both subs are on channel 2?

Ok sweet, will have a look at limiters

If you are sensible with the volume control and know your speakers well enough; you should be able to get away without using limiters. Definayely use speakon jacks over quarter inch trs where possible, you can make them yourself using jacks off eBay and cable from altronics or someone on here cAn make them for you :)

sorry if im being a hassle, but ive actually got a slight case of obsessive compulsive lol, i have to know everything about what i buying basicly...

but while looking over the pics and specs i found this

epx.png

on the right side under crossover and stereo or mono mode it says limiter, does that meen it has a built in limiter i can take advantage of?

and i am going to have to run 1 sub and 1 speaker off each channel because i cant connect 2 subs to 1 channel with the speakon leads can i?

Personally I can't see how they can put in limiters like that, as it has no control over the threshold.

But I suppose you could give it a go.

I should add - my advice is based on larger PA systems that can be pretty finely tuned, so if you aren't seeing yourself having anything bigger than a party DJ set in a few years, its probably a bit over your head.