UPDATE: Simply Amazed....wow :(

Jaz

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could make you a speakon y-adaptor if necessary. You will be able to run two subs off one channel with those configurations fine.

The "limiter" in an amplifier is a clip limiter, which compresses the signal in the event of the input signal being too large for the amp to handle (i.e. it is primarily made to protect the amp). It will protect the speakers by preventing the amp from discharging raw voltage on to it if it's power capacity is overwhelmed, but the clip limiter on an amp is there to prevent the amp from being damaged.

The 'bridge' adaptor is for combining the amp from 2 chans in to 1 to double the output at double the ohm rating, i.e. if you were using the amp to drive one massive sub, but you're better off running the channels individually if you are running two speakers off it as you are less likely to blow both channels in the event of overpowering.

let me know if you want that cable made up and i'll hit altronics, i drive past there a couple times a week.

Yeh that would be awsome thanks pill, but I will probly need 2-3 metres between where the 2 leads connect to 1 because the subs will be kinda far apart,is that ok? thanks heaps, I couldn't even find out if I needed male or female speakons lol

hey az, im assuming your giving out +rep for this thread?? i cant c if you have cus im on my ph

giving and receiving rep is important because its a gd reference to look back on when considering users for early vip membership.

great work pill and andy

i have actually tried giving rep to 2 or 3 members but as im still a rookie my rep is only 0.8 which doesn't allow me to give rep as it says "you cannot give more rep then you have" :( but i really do appreciate it guys, i would be up shit creak without all this info :)

have spoken to Brisbane storedj and they dont have the 3000, have spoken to Sydney and they do so i may be ordering it today! :)

Alright you're looking at about $13 each for each of the speakon plugs (genuine neutrik) or $10 for generic, and $1 p/m for the cable (double insulated black). A standard prepaid post satchel that should fit it is about $13 off memory.

Also good idea about the cooling fan cover FabDJ I think I'll do that myself.

Yeh sounds good to me, Will go with the neutron plugs, and will need about 2m of lead each side from where it meets into the single speakonif that makes sense,will have single speaking connected to amp on the table, then 1 sub on the left about 1,5 metres away and 1 on the right about 1.5 away, and yeh if it's around $50-$60 I'm happy

ur a fuckin champion!

Will there be any issues with the amount of current/power being put out because it's outputing into 1 lead then splitting for 2 subs?

Nah you shouldn't have any worries, it's only a short distance. I would probably recommend making it 3 meters either side of the amp 'cause I can imagine getting pissed at it being not long enough; i'm sure others will agree...

Ive just got a 1.8m tressle table because it's easily portable, and was just going sit 1 speaker on top of 1 sub on the left and the same on the right(on the ground), but after thinking about it the other day, if my speakers are behind me and the table at least they can't get kicked/knocked or drinks spilled on them, but if it's also better for the sound, heck why not, may even go 2 speakers on the ends of the table if it's stable enough and the subs stacked behind me in the middle

With the speakers on the table they sit about head height, with them on the subs about just above should height, stands is money I again just don't have, I'm actually looking to find a certain rod because my sub have a speaker stand/rod hole on the top but my normal speakers don't have the hole on the bottom for any rod or stand so how I could do that I don't know, unless I get your newer style PA speakers with the built in stand hole's lol

You can get speaker stands for ~$80, but if your speakers dont have holes to mount them on then they're not gonna be much use! I'd put the subs on the floor and your tops on the table for now.

My experience with subwoofer poles is that the top speakers are always swinging back and forth (i have a pair that I don't use) unless there is something I am doing wrong (i'm putting the poles straight in the top of the sub)?

You can retro fit speakers with the holes (they are called top hats, search Jaycar).

You can also get stands that have adapters for them - its like a top hat, but it screws on the outside of the speaker.

I still recommend stands - you aren't always going to want to have your speakers on your table. For one, it means you limit where you can put them, and different rooms require different needs. Also it means the louder you need them, the more your decks, laptops, drinks, etc rumble around on the table.

And number two - like I said before, the best position for subs aren't necessarily under the tops. Centre clustered is good, and sometimes, depending the subs, if you cluster them together properly or even just take in consideration where the walls and corners are in the room, you can instantly get a few more dBs without cranking the volume anymore.

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.as ... rm=KEYWORD

they actually look pretty good, alot cheaper then i was expecting, just drill and cut the hole and its ready to go i guess, but then i still need 2 stands which aren't cheap LOL, words cant explain how much money i have left after all this lol, have enough to pay pill for the lead then ive got about 20 left for a week :P