new turntables

Skank

Cant go past Technics but if you like heaps of torque Stanton are good. American audio actually have a great turntable thats cheap and is the same as the Stanton st 150 but with a better finish.and only like $450, read the reviews on the net. rock solid, the high torque does take some getting used to though thats why i prefer Technics. American Audio is such a gay name but the turntable is actually really good especially for the price.....

numark have too many gimmicky features on their turntables and just look so ugly they would be last on my list for dance music style mixing. Numark is more hip hop style in mind. thats just my opinion .

still there is a reason why technics have been industry standard in dance music for like EVER...

lol you're a rich WHALE wazza

LOL...yes..... when dad did he left me some $$$ and I got a good job so I save hard

after I get back from the US, I should have all the d.j setup/producer setup I need

so I will have some spear $$$ for AUS-DJ-FORUM's

just have to save all my $$$ untill then

keeping them

going from a 2 deck time code setup ( pdx 2000 mk2 & the love off my life, my pdx 2300 pro )

to a 3 deck time code set using a edirol fa 101 or a NI Audio 8 sound card & the new PXD 3000

going to run 2 mixers my 909 & my sa 12

so my friend can scratch when I'm mixing

the Pdx 3000 midi are so cool....going to plug my Edirol pcr 500 midi keyboard to my 808 GrooveBox

then the 808 to the Pdx 3000 turntable

the little pitch control button looks like a wicked new feature

yes..... you can make the Pdx 3000 feel like a 1200

not only that, but when you speed the platter up or slow it down its bad for the motor, this little feature does it with out ruining the motor.

correct me if im wrong.

on the pdx 2300 pro is a 4 way button joystick ...

push joystick left or right you get 50% + and - pitch bend ...push the joystick up or down you get a small pitch bend off 1%, or 2% ,or 4 %, or 6%

push the joystick like a button to select which small pitch % you like......And the joystick & pitch fader are linked the the digital pitch display so you can see all your pitch changes....

very easy to Beat mix on...makes for very tight mixing ...tight than anything you can do with your fingers

on the new PXD 3000 there is no joystick ...only a button knob for V. torque

problem is with 1200's they go for about 1k a set used (street value?),but now that they are discontinued some people are all like "yeh they are super rare now +$500"

or the people who sell 10+yo ones for same as newish ones

kinda annoying, but yeh hunt around

and from people in the know,

stantons st-150 chomp technics,

so maybe go for a set of them instead? :teef:

is you look for the ST-150, also look for the American audio HTD4.5. It's almost entirely the same deck. Stanton have some extra whistle like pitch lock wihch you owuldn't use.

Same deck was also sold as a citronic, Kam, and something else I can't remember.

they play better than technics, can go for $150 pretty often on ebay. Can't comment on the longevity though, have spent hours playing on a friends decks

but now that they are discontinued

technics arent discontinued?

thats a rumour that comes up every couple of years when panasonic arent making budget, but im pretty sure they are still in production.

and as to whether st-150's chomp technics... yes the st-150s go really well. only thing it has on 1200 MK2 is the non click at 0, but i have a feeling my st-150's will die earlier than if i had bought technics.

but at the time i couldnt afford them and i searched ebay for about 2 months straight, and they would all go for $600+ and they were all 8-10 yrs old (i would always ask for the serial number).

skank what is the torque on the st-60's. i ve heard its a little unnerving moving up from slower torque machines to the st150's, 1200, or the american audio one, because you have to put a lot more effort to stop and hold the vinyl. but that was ages ago when i first started doing my homework (so cant remember if it was ppl going from belt to direct)

oh yeah and yes the pitch lock on the ST150's will never get used.

1200's are discontinued, but they still make 1210's etc

i like to think of them as the porsche 911 of tt's

been std for years, and been subtly tweaked over time to make better whilst staying true to the original design.

and the st150 is more of the nissan GTR, people will still go but the 911, but the gtr is better :P

yo, 1210's are just the black 1200's.

but went to professor wiki, and your right they are discontinued (not from the rumor of last year, actually only officially announced in June), but its all models and marks. shyte huh.

yeah for sure the gtr goes well but

in 10 years the gtr will be pretty crappy and being driven by a p-plater who scored it for about $4K, while in 10 years that 911 will still be used for long road trips to the hamptons running as good as ever

• 2 weeks later...