New Laptop

pill

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I don't use a laptop for mixing but I can certainly recommend Macbook Pro for a solution that just works.

Using PC's and laptops running Windows Vista & 7, I've experienced numerous system and software crashes, intermittent wireless network connectivity issues (drivers?), and slow boot times almost always after 3 months from installing Windows. PC's are fun to build, tweak and play games on but aren't that great for anything else.

The Macbook Pro I use for work has never failed and its 3 years old! Highly recommended for no-nonsense professionals who value simplicity, usability and reliability. Don't let the specification / cost comparisons fool you. Do some research to compare how often your chosen DJ software crashes for each platform. That's what's going to matter when you're doing a gig or when you're halfway through recording your demo.

btw, I'm no Apple fanboy. I'll never buy an iPhone again! But that's a different story :)

I don't use a laptop for mixing but I can certainly recommend Macbook Pro for a solution that just works.

Using PC's and laptops running Windows Vista & 7, I've experienced numerous system and software crashes, intermittent wireless network connectivity issues (drivers?), and slow boot times almost always after 3 months from installing Windows. PC's are fun to build, tweak and play games on but aren't that great for anything else.

The Macbook Pro I use for work has never failed and its 3 years old! Highly recommended for no-nonsense professionals who value simplicity, usability and reliability. Don't let the specification / cost comparisons fool you. Do some research to compare how often your chosen DJ software crashes for each platform. That's what's going to matter when you're doing a gig or when you're halfway through recording your demo.

btw, I'm no Apple fanboy. I'll never buy an iPhone again! But that's a different story :)

I have to admit. Im a bit of a mac hater :) but you hit the nail on the head.. what a good argument.. cant argue with it :) sometimes truth hurts, but im man enough to admit it despite my bias :)