TRAKTOR KONTROL S4

ill_spector

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i had a good look around the NI forums, and a lot of people are having problems with it, and from what i can tell there hasn't been a fix yet.

hmmm i know there are latency setting, but assumed it would configure it itself. i don't have anything else connected or running when i'm using the S4.

Also one of the touch plates on the jog wheel is tempremental and decides when it will and won't work.

yea, that's the thing. everyone is saying it's something to do with the driver for the sound card installed on the pc... but yea who knows when the update will be.

i should be taking it back this week and going to try and get my money back on it. If they fix it i can always buy it again.... i love actually using it, and it's so easy and good to move around etc. but the sound kills it for me.... at the end of the day, without good sound, what's the point of djing?

i know the latest drivers for the soundcards are all messed, so just roll back (but to tbh i upgraded both traktor and my drivers and its running pretty sweet. the circle things are a little ovally but sound is still okay).

anywho, nah the latency is probably set too low. most def adjust it manually. it cant be configured auto because everyones pc's are different.

• 3 weeks later...

yea the others like the xone DX don't have dvs i don't think. i'm going to be looking around for something new now anyway, but dvs doesn't really bother me if i have a good controller.

anyone have thoughs on the hercules or anything? i'm pretty open and looking for suggestions now. i was also looking at the new denon one

they are pretty small, so i don't think that it would be a problem.

im not really interested in moving into club djing anyway, mainly just mucking around at home and at friends parties etc. so versatility and portability is the biggest thing for me.

laptop and controller can take up less room than 2xcdjs and a mixer, especially if you have the laptop on a stand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
so with traktor 2... it'll be available as a paid update for S4 users by the look of it

from my quick geez it looks like it will be a paid update. but you get the control records/cds so it isnt too bad.

in other news, just bought an S4!

sweeeet. have you got it yet?

the WHALE i bought the mixer from just renegged on the deal. fcuking time waster. im thinking of either getting it from DMC or from the US...