Macbook Pro

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz

4GB Memory

250GB hard drive1

SD card slot

Built-in battery (10 hours)2

NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics

$1499

so for roughly extra 250 bucks in getting an extra 2GB RAM, can i get away with just getting the macbook or will i need the extra 2GB ram?

be using this in conjunction with my new cdj-350's, they use traktor as there software at the clubs in my town, would you also recommend? or is there better software for cdj's?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on a more cereal note. why core 2 duo? go the i5, and definitely get as much RAM as you can.

apple already use outdated hardware on releases as it is, try to at least get the latest, becuase youll find as your software advances and takes advantage of new technologies, you will get left behind with outdated hardware.

when you say you will be using the CDJ's with traktor, is that as traktor scratch? or as a midi to control traktor?

if traktor scratch, the extra ram will definitely help.

oh im not saying it wont work.

i use the older style 2.33 Ghz core 2 duo with 2GB ram using Traktor Scratch and it works a charm. start up & shut down is a bit long and im sure ram would help. in fact my old school core 2 still bench marks better than some of the newer versions which chose energy efficiency over power.

but back on topic, yeah it will do it, but i was just saying with computers i find buying the best you can get of a particular model (especially apples who use more tried and sure yet older hardware) it will last you longer.

i bought my asus about 4 years ago now and at the time it was the top of the pops, and as i said last i looked (about a year ago) it would still keep up with the low-mid end of what was being released. and ive had no issues of using up to date current software or updates.

too easy, im on a 5k budget and after the dj-350 pacakge ($2400ish) and this macbook ($1500ish) leaves me bout $1100 to spend on speakers and not even sure that will be neough for a monitor speaker and two good ones.

as for the dual core, its the minimum spec they come in these days according to the apple site. The higher specs are 2k+ and cant justify spending that on a laptop soley for traktor and djing

on the web site you can upgrade the mac book RAM to 4gb

so i'm kinda in the same boat now?? whats the differece between doing that and getting base pro?

maybe graphics card?

would be about the same price then yeah?

graphics are the same.... only 'advantages' I can see are aluminium body, and backlit keys, and they look better.

CBG, have you seen the cost of solid states? I'd love one in my mac, but jeebus they are pricey.

on a more cereal note. why core 2 duo? go the i5, and definitely get as much RAM as you can.

apple already use outdated hardware on releases as it is, try to at least get the latest, becuase youll find as your software advances and takes advantage of new technologies, you will get left behind with outdated hardware.

when you say you will be using the CDJ's with traktor, is that as traktor scratch? or as a midi to control traktor?

if traktor scratch, the extra ram will definitely help.

umm not too sure? at our clubs the cdj's just plug into the usb ports of the macbook. everything you do on the cdj's shows up on traktor.

sorry if im looking like a total knob here, but i was lucky enough to go in for a couple months at our clubs and learn and practise every week on week nights on the decks (to see if i liked doing it) but everything is already set up when i go in, never had to worry bout knowing how to set it up until now, guess i better go in this wkd and ask

If that makes sense?

not sure as i have never used cdj's but sounds like like traktor scratch.

are you trying to replicate what they currently have? i.e. do you intend on buying traktor scratch?

if you going cdj's w/ usb capability i didnt think you actually needed any software? again its prob best answered by buck or skank or wazza as im not too clued in on using a dvs with cdj's