13.3" macbook or macbook pro

Gandy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you compared the Prices from a Mac and from a PC ?

the cost from macs are a LOT more than a PC...

so I say no more

you do what you think i'll stay with a PC as I can do the SAME as a Mac and pay 1/2 the price!!

of course I have... I'm fully aware of of the specs in mac's and their equivilently priced windows machines, and I would without a doubt buy a mac time and time again.

Until microsoft can come up with an operating system that is as stable and efficient as OSX, I'm sticking with mac..... at twice the price

hahaha,

i've used PC for years and also Mac, they are no different to be honest.

i've never had any problems live with a PC and i've been producing on a custom build PC for quite some time now.

theres no real difference its just personal prefance so lets move on.

situation defused???

COMMENTS DELETED

why? too afraid to voice your opinion on the interwebs?

maybe its because you realise that when it comes to DJing and performing live, Mac OSX will always outperform any windows version.

Tickets please

move to the front of the boxing ring please

Plenty of available seats.

moar negs for me it seems.

perhaps dennis the menace shouldnt delete his comments. its a forum ffs. let your roar be heard. too soft for the online world it seems.

now, the issue at hand.

once a windows laptop goes through a ton of optimisation and disabling of services/graphical enhancements/removal of unnecessary software both will perform the same.

from where i stand (i work in IT/hate windows7/use windows xp for producing and run a macbook pro) i find OSX so much more pleasant to use.

While both will crash (they're computers, its inevitable) I find OSX to be alot more tolerant and because Macs are uniform in their design, theres no need to worry about incorrect drivers or device incompatibility.

My friend is running traktor pro on his xp laptop with CDJ400s. he need asio drivers to use them and after that, ran into all sorts of hassles with drivers and devices.

we plugged them into my mac out of interest and after setting traktor up, that was it. no dramas.

I plan to avoid windows laptops for good now, because of my experience with a macbook pro, compared to a windows one.

While I still use windows xp at home for production, I'll avoid any other version, as its just bloatware full of unnecessary crap and unintuitive operation.

Until microsoft puts out something thats as efficient as OSX, i remain a stubborn xp/OSX user.

oh, and Have a nice day!

situation defused???

only if ur the bomb squad :P

once a windows laptop goes through a ton of optimisation and disabling of services/graphical enhancements/removal of unnecessary software both will perform the same.

from where i stand (i work in IT/hate windows7/use windows xp for producing and run a macbook pro) i find OSX so much more pleasant to use.

While both will crash (they're computers, its inevitable) I find OSX to be alot more tolerant and because Macs are uniform in their design, theres no need to worry about incorrect drivers or device incompatibility.

My friend is running traktor pro on his xp laptop with CDJ400s. he need asio drivers to use them and after that, ran into all sorts of hassles with drivers and devices.

we plugged them into my mac out of interest and after setting traktor up, that was it. no dramas.

I plan to avoid windows laptops for good now, because of my experience with a macbook pro, compared to a windows one.

While I still use windows xp at home for production, I'll avoid any other version, as its just bloatware full of unnecessary crap and unintuitive operation.

Until microsoft puts out something thats as efficient as OSX, i remain a stubborn xp/OSX user.

situation defused???

only if ur the bomb squad :P

well said man, its nice to hear a bit of advice from someone that works in IT

wow wtf happened here...if anyone actually cares about the thread anymore going through brissy storedj had a chat with a top lad there helped me out, goin with macbook pro and traktor pro..

sorry cupe didnt think this would turn into a shitstorm...