The "I just bought.." Thread

ill_spector

• 2 months later...
On 05/09/2019 at 9:48 AM, LabRat said:

Picked up this today so I didn't have to put up with my laptop speakers anymore. Sounds bloody minto. Always a bit suss getting these kinda things, where I feel I could better spend money on headphones but I like this. JBL Flip 5 is the product

JBL_Flip5_Back_Ocean-Blue_001_X2-1605x16 

Also have something similar. Handy to take when travelling / going outdoors etc.

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2019 at 3:41 PM, Scottie said:

I bought the DT990's which are the same but open back and they're so good for ~$200. Mine didn't come with the fancy holder though

Thats how it was packaged. Bit fancy even if it's just a snazzy box that hides the 14km cable it comes with

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mitch said:

List all the things!

- Pioneer DJM1000

- Dynaudio BM6

- Lexicon MPX1

- Korg KP3

- Eventide Space

- Electrix Filter Factory

- Roland TB03

- Digitech Grunge

- Blackstar HT Dual

- Beatstep Pro

- Keystep

- Midas Venice 320

- Modular synth and sequencer

- Novation Drumstation

- Roland System 1

- EV 12" floor wedges

- Akai GX4000D reel to reel

- Columbia Elepian

- DSI Prophet 08

- Roland JX3P w/ programmer

- Roland SH101

- VOXAC30C2

- Various amps, patchbays and audio interfaces

- Mackie Big Knob

- Audiotechnica m50

- AIAIAI TMA2

- AIAIAI TMA2 wireless

- Shure SE215

- Lots of cables...

9 hours ago, anditz said:

- Pioneer DJM1000

- Dynaudio BM6

- Lexicon MPX1

- Korg KP3

- Eventide Space

- Electrix Filter Factory

- Roland TB03

- Digitech Grunge

- Blackstar HT Dual

- Beatstep Pro

- Keystep

- Midas Venice 320

- Modular synth and sequencer

- Novation Drumstation

- Roland System 1

- EV 12" floor wedges

- Akai GX4000D reel to reel

- Columbia Elepian

- DSI Prophet 08

- Roland JX3P w/ programmer

- Roland SH101

- VOXAC30C2

- Various amps, patchbays and audio interfaces

- Mackie Big Knob

- Audiotechnica m50

- AIAIAI TMA2

- AIAIAI TMA2 wireless

- Shure SE215

- Lots of cables...

Wowsers. Mega envious! I’ll stick to my soft-synths coz I’m poor. My bank account cringed just reading that. 

1 hour ago, Mitch said:

@anditz you using these for casual listening or got them incorporated into the live rig somehow?

Thought about plugging a transmitter into the headphone output of the mixer but the lag of bluetooth buffering is no good for live stuff. Just use them for listening. 

10 hours ago, Scottie said:

holy fuck that's a lot of gear

That's just the new stuff since my last update ;)

7 hours ago, anditz said:
10 hours ago, Mitch said:

Thought about plugging a transmitter into the headphone output of the mixer but the lag of bluetooth buffering is no good for live stuff. Just use them for listening

Yeah I thought the latency would be a killer for DJ/live stuff. How do you find them overall? Do you have the model with the mic? I’d be keen on them for a daily driver but need decent mic which doesn’t pick up background noise etc. as I spend half my life in online meetings these days :( 

2 hours ago, Mitch said:

Yeah I thought the latency would be a killer for DJ/live stuff. How do you find them overall? Do you have the model with the mic? I’d be keen on them for a daily driver but need decent mic which doesn’t pick up background noise etc. as I spend half my life in online meetings these days :( 

Overall they're great, the wireless headband has a built in mic and it works for the most part. The driver covers the mic when it's in it's maxed out size which muffles the mic a bit but it still sounds decent. I haven't really tested them with background noise etc. Sound quality of the actual cans for listening to music and movies is great. You'd need to decide which driver you like best though - I think there are 4 options

1 hour ago, anditz said:

Overall they're great, the wireless headband has a built in mic and it works for the most part. The driver covers the mic when it's in it's maxed out size which muffles the mic a bit but it still sounds decent. I haven't really tested them with background noise etc. Sound quality of the actual cans for listening to music and movies is great. You'd need to decide which driver you like best though - I think there are 4 options

Yeah I’ve been sussing them out tonight. I like the look of them. The modularity is cool. 

• 4 weeks later...