mikew598

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this was the second email

ello michael watts,

Probably your device has a defect and needs to be repaired or replaced. Only if

your device is still under warranty* please contact the dealer, where you bought

it. Please ask the dealer to provide you with a new package. Refer to this email

correspondence if necessary.

Please return your old package completely to the dealer, i.e. including a copy of

the invoice, the defected device, installation disc(s), manual, USB cable and

serial number card etc..

Please let us know if you could return the package to your dealer for an exchange

or not.

In any case, please send us the hardware serial of your device (see below how to

find out the hardware serial of the device).

If your dealer cannot exchange the package with a new one or if you have bought

the product at the NI Online Shop, go on reading:

To start the return directly with Native Instruments, please send us:

- the purchase date

- the hardware serial of the defected device. (A copy of your invoice will have to

be sent later along with the returned device as proof of warranty.)

After we have received the hardware serial and the purchase date of your device we

can provide you with your Return-Authorization (RA) number. Native Instruments

only can take over your shipment costs if an RA number has been assigned to you

before(!) sending.

Packages returned without RA number further will not be identified correctly and

might not be processed properly.

You will find the hardware serial on the name plate on the bottom of the device.

Example for Audio 8 DJ: "NITA807B1234"

Example for Rig Kontrol 2: "NRCII6F1234"

Example for Kore 2 Controller: "NIKC27I1234"

Thank you!

*If your device is no longer under warranty you may want to get a repair. Please

let us know if this would be the case.

Best regards

Jan, Native Instruments Support Team

• 3 weeks later...

trying to get everythign re-installed after laptop was upgraded to win7. re-installed traktor and 4d drivers, imported my saved TSI file. Traktor recognises the 4d as an audio device but doesn't do anything on midi. Even if the mapping was wrong it should flash when a control message is received.

I loaded a track to a deck and tried playing with the mouse, nothing happens, so it seems traktor is messed up. I uninstalled, downloaded again and same thing. I can load decks but they will not play at all. Any ideas folks? Probably something simple and I'm just missing it

at first im thinking win7 could be the issue as i always see that as a title on the NI forums. but could also be something they have done different with MIDI controllers since the last time you upgraded, which they did heaps of when the X1 was released. were you previously on the latet version?

ill be on my computer in a tick ill have a snoop. havent hit NI forums in a while and i still really want to get trainspotter

it's the smae version of traktor, but obviously drivers have changed for the device (64 vs 32bit etc). all the setup for controllers is different now too, I haven't doine anything ecept minor control tweaks in about 4 traktor releases so not had to try to setup all over again.

going to ask my it guy at work if he has the old laptops he's about to chuck out. one of them for nothing but music must be easier than this.

hey tubby which version of traktor 1.2.6

either way looked at some of those posts headed win7 and they all talking about the 64 bit version throwing traktor pear shaped.

im not technically proficient to understand (plus im using a four yr old xp machine). but here are some of the posts

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... p?t=105877

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... hp?t=96215

only these two mention solutions but then ppl followed up with saying its not working

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... hp?t=91673

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... 710&page=5